• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I don't think this guy is really a robot, but, what the heck.

TTA07NGFC.jpg

Superb! :applause:

# 13 has " METALLO on the cover. # 16 is "KLAGG. I dont have those issues in Photobucket. I'm sure someone does though.

DRX

13 is the ELEKTRO I posted... :makepoint:

KLAGG is #21...but I'm pretty sure he's an alien...don't have time to pull the book tonite...if KLAGG is a robot I stand corrected...(can't seem to remember that story... :frustrated: )

TALESOFSUSPENSE21VG.jpg

Ha, your right. Thats what i get for fumbling through boxes at night.

DRX

I don't think this guy is really a robot, but, what the heck.

TTA07NGFC.jpg

I have that issue and I know Ive asked this before. That cover always bothered me. When you read the actual story in this issue, theres no such creature or whatever that looks like the picture on the cover. I always wondered if something got swapped around or switched when this book went to print.

DRX

# 13 has " METALLO on the cover. # 16 is "KLAGG. I dont have those issues in Photobucket. I'm sure someone does though.

DRX

13 is the ELEKTRO I posted... :makepoint:

KLAGG is #21...but I'm pretty sure he's an alien...don't have time to pull the book tonite...if KLAGG is a robot I stand corrected...(can't seem to remember that story... :frustrated: )

TALESOFSUSPENSE21VG.jpg

You are correct sir, hes an alien inside of a ship that looks like a robot. I just had to read it over again after pulling it out.

DRX

Atlas Fan

What do you think that P6/29 on your JIM 72 means? I've seen similar marks on HG monster books before.

Hmm. Well it could be a date: 6/29. I dont know what the "P" stands for though.."P"aper delivery maybe? (shrug)

It would be interesting to see similar markings on other pre-heros...they all probably came from the same collection.

Mud monsters, eh? I dont know if I'm off my "Robots on a Rampage" kick...but, no matter:

There were certianly no shortage of muck monsters in the pre-hero Monster universe:

JIM_68.jpg

JIM_70.jpg

JIM_72.jpg

ST_75.jpg

ST_77.jpg

ST_82.jpg

I love the cover of that S.T. # 75. It would go good with my # 77. This is what I get for tying to de-rail a thread with mud monsters! lol. I should know better around you guys.

DRX ...............................riffling through his boxes right now for more monsters!!

ST_75.jpg

I love the cover of that S.T. # 75. It would go good with my # 77. This is what I get for tying to de-rail a thread with mud monsters! lol. I should know better around you guys.

DRX ...............................riffling through his boxes right now for more monsters!!

The #75 is a great book...the cover is about the closest thing to a wash-tone in the pre-hero run...Oh, it also has a cool Iron Man prototype as well.