• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Due to what looks like a light corner crease upper right, I'd wager 7.5 from CGC. ..one of my favorite covers and stories of the genre....the colors really zing in person on this issue. I've bid pretty hard on some 7.5's that have come to market but am always outbid. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have a buddy who's selling his RJ Long copy of Strange Tales 85...due to a financial crunch. I loaned him some money towards the eventual sale, and I've posted it in the Grading Forum. I'd appreciate any help you guys might be willing to spare on grading it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think I posted this before but wanted to get some opinions. I know its not the best scan as the bottom is slightly cropped.This book is going to CGC for slabbing. Any opinions. Oh, and by the way. I paid $ 30.00 for it about twenty two years ago at a local con in Chicago Heights, Ill. The guy had a giant stack of these pre-hero monster books but I only had enough dough for two or three of them. Times were tough. lol

DRX

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt166/drx710y/talesofsuspense15.jpg[/img]]suspense

Spine cropped as well...which will be a critical aspect of the grade...if spine is fairly clean and bottom edge I'm thinking 8.0/8.5...Killer book! :headbang:

Looks Vfish from what we can see. With his little eyes and his big, not plentiful teeth, doesn't Goom look a little retar.........., um mentally challenged?

Good spot Korvac...he does look as if he can't even see...maybe that's why he's so pizzed off... :sumo:

I think I posted this before but wanted to get some opinions. I know its not the best scan as the bottom is slightly cropped.This book is going to CGC for slabbing. Any opinions. Oh, and by the way. I paid $ 30.00 for it about twenty two years ago at a local con in Chicago Heights, Ill. The guy had a giant stack of these pre-hero monster books but I only had enough dough for two or three of them. Times were tough. lol

DRX

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt166/drx710y/talesofsuspense15.jpg[/img]]suspense

Spine cropped as well...which will be a critical aspect of the grade...if spine is fairly clean and bottom edge I'm thinking 8.0/8.5...Killer book! :headbang:

Looks Vfish from what we can see. With his little eyes and his big, not plentiful teeth, doesn't Goom look a little retar.........., um mentally challenged?

Good spot Korvac...he does look as if he can't even see...maybe that's why he's so pizzed off... :sumo:

That + he missed the Monsta short bus that morning!

Come onnnnn. His eyes are as big as the people's heads. Maybe he's just pissed off coz everyone TREATS him like an MR/DD candidate. His brain has got to be as big as a volkswagen. Besides, the tree probably works great as a toothpick. It'd fit those gaps just perfectly. Maybe the whole problem is just gingivitis.

And I'd really like to know why these nutjobs were hanging in a tree when a 50-foot tall monster was on the loose. I mean, really, can you say 'Darwin Award Candidate'? LET GO OF THE DAMN TREE ya bunch of fools!

lol What happened to suspension of disbelief? Of course, even as a kid I thought it odd that the townspeople always knew the creature-of-the-month's name. (shrug)

I've been getting a bit of pressure from the wife unit lately to thin the herd, so this might be my last opportunity to share the beat-but-complete division of my pre-hero JIM collection. Extraordinary only when measured in terms of the pleasure these books provided.

th_JIM050-x.jpg th_JIM051-x.jpg th_JIM052-x.jpg

th_JIM053-x.jpg th_JIM054-x.jpg th_JIM055-x.jpg th_JIM056-x.jpg th_JIM057-x.jpg th_JIM058-x.jpg

th_JIM059.jpg th_JIM060-x.jpg th_JIM061-x.jpg th_JIM062-x.jpg th_JIM063.jpg th_JIM064-x.jpg

th_JIM065.jpg th_JIM066.jpg th_JIM067x.jpg th_JIM068-x.jpg th_JIM069.jpg th_JIM070-x.jpg

th_JIM071-x.jpg th_JIM072-x.jpg th_JIM073-x.jpg th_JIM074-x.jpg th_JIM075-x.jpg th_JIM076-12.jpg

th_JIM077-x.jpg th_JIM078-x.jpg th_JIM079-x.jpg th_JIM080-x.jpg th_JIM081-x.jpg th_JIM082-x.jpg

:cloud9:

Come onnnnn. His eyes are as big as the people's heads. Maybe he's just pissed off coz everyone TREATS him like an MR/DD candidate. His brain has got to be as big as a volkswagen. Besides, the tree probably works great as a toothpick. It'd fit those gaps just perfectly. Maybe the whole problem is just gingivitis.

:roflmao:

And I'd really like to know why these nutjobs were hanging in a tree when a 50-foot tall monster was on the loose. I mean, really, can you say 'Darwin Award Candidate'? LET GO OF THE DAMN TREE ya bunch of fools!

Maybe it was Arbor Day + they were doing a little tree hugging? :kidaround::baiting:

lol What happened to suspension of disbelief? Of course, even as a kid I thought it odd that the townspeople always knew the creature-of-the-month's name. (shrug)

I've been getting a bit of pressure from the wife unit lately to thin the herd, so this might be my last opportunity to share the beat-but-complete division of my pre-hero JIM collection. Extraordinary only when measured in terms of the pleasure these books provided.

th_JIM053-x.jpg th_JIM054-x.jpg th_JIM055-x.jpg th_JIM056-x.jpg th_JIM057-x.jpg th_JIM058-x.jpg

th_JIM059.jpg th_JIM060-x.jpg th_JIM061-x.jpg th_JIM062-x.jpg th_JIM063.jpg th_JIM064-x.jpg

th_JIM065.jpg th_JIM066.jpg th_JIM067x.jpg th_JIM068-x.jpg th_JIM069.jpg th_JIM070-x.jpg

th_JIM071-x.jpg th_JIM072-x.jpg th_JIM073-x.jpg th_JIM074-x.jpg th_JIM075-x.jpg th_JIM076-12.jpg

th_JIM077-x.jpg th_JIM078-x.jpg th_JIM079-x.jpg th_JIM080-x.jpg th_JIM081-x.jpg th_JIM082-x.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: Can't go wrong with a nice group shot!! Do you have any DC's? Get rid of those first!!

:cloud9: :cloud9: Can't go wrong with a nice group shot!! Do you have any DC's? Get rid of those first!!

Be sure and give me advance PM notice before the "The Thin-The-Herd-Sale"... :devil:

WOW!! :o..if MY wife even mildly suggested that I "thin the herd" of my Pre-Heros, that B@!(# would be out in the gutter in a heartbeat!!!

"Thin the herd"....INDEED! :sumo:

Wives look at our comics the same way we look at their shoes: why does one person need so many? (shrug)

Hmm.. thats a good point. My wife has an entire closet full of shoes -- must be over 3 dozen...I must remember to somehow use an analogy of HG Silver Age comics to expensive high heels IF she ever complains!

Edited by AtlasFan

Wives look at our comics the same way we look at their shoes: why does one person need so many? (shrug)

Hmm.. thats a good point. My wife has an entire closet full of shoes -- must be over 3 dozen...I must remember to somehow use an analogy of HG Silver Age comics to expensive high heels IF she ever complains!

CGC Forum: Saving one marriage at a time!