• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

I was told the Yorba Linda Con was mostly anime :screwy:, but obviously this would have been a better oppertunity than San Diego to catch some awesome pre hero Marvels. I would have also had a shorter drive. :makepoint:

I am definatley going next year.

Awesome books on the latter part of this thread, especially Atlas Fans. (worship)

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u And an early John Buscema cover to boot! :banana:
Tough book! You must be pleased!

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u And an early John Buscema cover to boot! :banana:
Tough book! You must be pleased!

WOW!

Stellar copy! :headbang:

Thank you gentlemen!! I cannot lie, I'm mighty pleased with this fine, four colored funnybook :cloud9: Believe it or not, this was from a raw ebay purchase! I knew the seller, so I had confidence that his story about the book being previously graded + cracked out, was true. Book came back the exact same grade + even got a PQ bump up from CR-OW to OW!! :takeit:

Steady progress is the way to go!

How many more do you need?

TOS3.jpg

Thats a great cover! I wish Big John had done more pre-hero work.

If you ever get the chance, check out JB's work on Dell's movie adaption of SPARTACUS (from the same time period)..super work!

Bill

Thanks guys! 10 to go for TOS + 9 to go for TTA. And yes Tom, 7.5 to 9.0 is the range. I'll take the occasional 9.2 if it doesn't bankrupt me! :insane: And I'm having more fun collecting these books than the hero stuff these days!!! :headbang::cloud9:

Allright.....which one of you high rollers trounced me on the CGC 8.5 TTA 20 in the weekly Heritage auction ? A thousand dollars plus....YOW. Congrats, whoever you are....sweet book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Allright.....which one of you high rollers trounced me on the CGC 8.5 TTA 20 in the weekly Heritage auction ? A thousand dollars plus....YOW. Congrats, whoever you are....sweet book. GOD BLESS....

:shy::sorry: But as you observed, it didn't come cheap!! :tonofbricks:

I'm glad it was you....but this means it won't come back up for sale again until I'm playing shuffle board in Florida. I consoled myself with a decent copy from the Metro site....should be arriving soon, but it doesn't hold a candle to that one. GOD BLESS...

I'm glad it was you....but this means it won't come back up for sale again until I'm playing shuffle board in Florida. I consoled myself with a decent copy from the Metro site....should be arriving soon, but it doesn't hold a candle to that one. GOD BLESS...

Hey Jim :hi:

I traded some PMs with Rich regarding this book and commented on the final purchase price (after he told me he had won it) looked like you had some competition on that one...all's it takes is two interested parties right? I know KS was motivated to own it, and recalled with this thread your love/interest for this book... :sorry: it didn't work out for you...I'll certainly pass any leads if I find any on this book to you in the future...

Good luck :wishluck: with your continued search! :headbang:

t

Jim- Had no idea that this was a grail of yours! Like Tom said, I'll keep an eye out for future sales (thumbs u

It's OK ,buddy. The one I just got from Metro (yesterday :cloud9: ) is real decent. It'll do for now. I'll post a scan this weekend. I WAS going to bid on the 8.5 ,but when I saw it sitting at $ 500 with 4 days to go I knew it would probably top a grand so I stayed out of it. There's somebody ELSE out there who bid it up. It's tough in high grade....wouldn't have surprsed me to see it hit 1300. It's one of my favorites and one of the very few with an 18 page Kirby story. I seem to recall Zzutac being another 18 pager. GOD BLESS...