• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

Dr Droom appeared in all 6 issues of AA and is VERY similar to Dr. Strange. If ever there was a prototype, this is it. Number 1 is a super cool book and I'm with r1970d in regards to it's significance....it deserves way more than it gets. GOD BLESS..

-jimbo( friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

What is the significance of the 1961 Amazing Adventures #1? Is it the first super hero or first pre hero monster book?

First Marvel age hero - Dr Droom. It also has a really cool canary yellow cover too!

aa_01.jpg

The 8.5 in the Jerry Weist auction just broke $ 600......anybody here win anything ? The Rawhide Kid 22 also broke 600.....and would've gone higher if I didn't have dial up :pullhair: The Two Gun Kid 58 went for a good price...less than 500. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The 8.5 in the Jerry Weist auction just broke $ 600......anybody here win anything ? The Rawhide Kid 22 also broke 600.....and would've gone higher if I didn't have dial up :pullhair: The Two Gun Kid 58 went for a good price...less than 500. GOD BLESS...

Jerry really had some good pre-hero stuff in his auction last night. There were some bargins to be had....in particulat the HG TOS #32 (Man in the Beehive) looked like a very nice copy and sold for a very reasonable price, $300-ish.

I had that one on watch....my only win was a B&B 24 in CGC 5.5....which will be promptly deslabbed the moment it arrives. That TGK 58 really surprised me....figured it for 600 or more. GOD BLESS...

I tried for the for TTA 29 but I lost out with 2 seconds left, I have wanted that specific issue for awhile. It looks like I will keep waiting. As for those Marvel Westerns, those were sold at bargain prices. I can't believe Rawhide Kid 22 (8.5) only went for $600. I was expecting that to hit the $900 dollar mark, guess nobody was watching these. :o

I had a bunch on my watch list but didn't pull the trigger on anything but one GA book. Hopefully Korvac and Turtleboy got something they needed.

I bid on the JIM #55 also, think my high bid was about $635. Like Andrew, wasn't happy with all that tanning either, so no big loss. I helped drive up the price on the TTA #29 too. Have an 8.0 copy so wasn't super motivated there either. Totally agree on that TOS #32 7.5, a stael for whoever grabbed it. I won't even discuss the disparity in price between that book + the 8.5 copy I won off clink last year doh!:tonofbricks::sick:

On a more positive note, I won the TOS #2 7.5 off of Heritage. Sure it had a prominent oxidation shadow, but is such a tough book that I had to go for it. At this rate I finish my TOS run before my TTA.

I tried for the for TTA 29 but I lost out with 2 seconds left, I have wanted that specific issue for awhile. It looks like I will keep waiting. As for those Marvel Westerns, those were sold at bargain prices. I can't believe Rawhide Kid 22 (8.5) only went for $600. I was expecting that to hit the $900 dollar mark, guess nobody was watching these. :o

I was ready to hit 800 on it....but my dial up didn't refresh the page quick enough....at the right time and right venue I would think that 22 should be a 1200 dollar book. I didn't bid on the 29 as I knew you would....but it is one of my top ten pre hero covers and one I've never even read. A 7.0 to 7.5 is more my speed with these....8.5's and up are just out of my range. Metro just posted some new ones on their site, but no pics or prices yet...only the inquiry button. I've gotten 2 out of 3 books I've inquired about....but they don't have a TTA 29 in ANY grade.....but rest assured, I'M on the case now( can't find a Sherlock Holmes gremlin) and when I find one for you ,you'lll be notified. If you've already got it...I'll just keep it. GOD BLESS...

I was ready to hit 800 on it....but my dial up didn't refresh the page quick enough....at the right time and right venue I would think that 22 should be a 1200 dollar book. I didn't bid on the 29 as I knew you would....but it is one of my top ten pre hero covers and one I've never even read. A 7.0 to 7.5 is more my speed with these....8.5's and up are just out of my range. Metro just posted some new ones on their site, but no pics or prices yet...only the inquiry button. I've gotten 2 out of 3 books I've inquired about....but they don't have a TTA 29 in ANY grade.....but rest assured, I'M on the case now( can't find a Sherlock Holmes gremlin) and when I find one for you ,you'lll be notified. If you've already got it...I'll just keep it. GOD BLESS...

Thanks Jimbo. I would appreciate that. (thumbs u

Edited by crimson dynamo

I bid on the JIM #55 also, think my high bid was about $635. Like Andrew, wasn't happy with all that tanning either, so no big loss. I helped drive up the price on the TTA #29 too. Have an 8.0 copy so wasn't super motivated there either. Totally agree on that TOS #32 7.5, a stael for whoever grabbed it. I won't even discuss the disparity in price between that book + the 8.5 copy I won off clink last year doh!:tonofbricks::sick:

On a more positive note, I won the TOS #2 7.5 off of Heritage. Sure it had a prominent oxidation shadow, but is such a tough book that I had to go for it. At this rate I finish my TOS run before my TTA.

I think I bid you up on the TOS #2. Don't remember if I was the underbidder but I gave it a good shot. Congrats on the win!