• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

I have a question about JIM 76.....why is the "rare" 12 cents variant the only one that is ever for sale....and does anyone have a scan of the "common" never-for-sale version ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo

I'm not knowledgeable of the variants for this issue...is there a 3rd 10-cent issue that was distributed that didn't have the black-out?

Here's a 9.0 currently up for grabs on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1962-Journey-Into-Mystery-76-CGC-9-0-Silver-Age-Comic-/180532504967?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a08936987

BuNJ-QBWkKGrHqZi4Ev10GmOfBMF6Dwvw_3.jpg

And here's my "non-variant?" copy...

JIM76FC.jpg

Round 1 of the Prehero cover contest ends tonight at 6:30 PM eastern time. Don't let your favorites go unsupported!!

Vote? How to choose from those beauties?

Your collection is a museum-Thanks for sharing (worship)

Sharing is where all the fun is. Thanks for the kind words + thanks for participating in the contest! (thumbs u

I have a question about JIM 76.....why is the "rare" 12 cents variant the only one that is ever for sale....and does anyone have a scan of the "common" never-for-sale version ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Skynwalker sold one not long ago...I will find it for you.

Like I asked before...anyone know of any"fixed" problems?

PS Korvacsaga,you are looking for hi fi high grade for your 28?

Generally speaking, I'm looking for a 7.5 to 9.2 copy of any of the preheros. I'm eyeing that 7.0 copy on ebay that SNE has, might pull the trigger there.

Posted this in the round 1 threads of Korvac's Pre-Hero Covers Poll...

I love the characters/creatures/villians/etc created in the Pre-Heros that are inspiration for the same that eventually showed up in the Hero books...for example, TTA 33...uh, Skrulls??!!

:headbang:

TTA33.jpg

FANTASTICFOUR2CGC60OW-3.jpg

I love the characters/creatures/villians/etc created in the Pre-Heros that are inspiration for the same that eventually showed up in the Hero books...for example, TTA 33...uh, Skrulls??!!

TTA33.jpg

If you are interested in sone interesting Skrull prototypes, check out the "Martians" from the ROBOT X story in Amazing Adventures #4:

http://monsterblog.oneroom.org/stories/?story=robotx&page=12

This is one of the best robot stories ... EVER!

Bill

TTA33.jpg

If you are interested in sone interesting Skrull prototypes, check out the "Martians" from the ROBOT X story in Amazing Adventures #4:

http://monsterblog.oneroom.org/stories/?story=robotx&page=12

This is one of the best robot stories ... EVER!

Bill

Very cool story! THX for the link! :headbang: