• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

Holy krap, the Strange Tales #70 CGC 8.5 in Jerry Weist's auction went for almost $1,600.

I was looking at that book last night...............and drooling. Man thats a nice copy of that issue. I always loved the cover.

DRX

So are we getting a round 3 of Pre-Hero?

Good question. Journey's will be the toughest to pick just one favorite.

I haven't been right yet, but #58 (RRO) is going to be hard to beat!

JIM58cgc85wm.jpg

So are we getting a round 3 of Pre-Hero?

Good question. Journey's will be the toughest to pick just one favorite.

I was thinking STs myself...I can think of about 5-6 STs off the top that might just be in my Top 10 combined Pre-Heros! :headbang:

Dudes...#58 is the "King of the Hill" in monster covers. I wish Ditko had done more covers like this. You could even say that this cover is kindofa a precursor to FF1 -- maybe a bit of a stretch, but there are some elements of FF1 in there...

JIM_58a.jpg

I remember Mark Wilson calling me back in '91 (or maybe it was '92?) telling me that he finally got one in and to to stop badgering him! It was a great day indeed.

Edited by AtlasFan

Dudes...#58 is the "King of the Hill" in monster covers. I wish Ditko had done more covers like this. You could even say that this cover is kindofa a precursor to FF1 -- maybe a bit of a stretch, but there are some elements of FF1 in there...

JIM_58a.jpg

I remember Mark Wilson calling me back in '91 (or maybe it was '92?) telling me that he finally got one in and to to stop badgering him! It was a great day indeed.

You are totally right. JIM # 58 , Classic Ditko I'm glad I own one also , great book. (worship)

Edited by PUNYHUMAN

There are some great books in the upcoming clink August auction. A 9.0 TTA 20 and a 9.4 TOS22 :o I know that TTA 20 is a popular cover.

That TTA #20 is nice but that TOS #22 is freakin' gorgeous!

Did someone day Strange Tales? Would have liked to find a better copy but that's not an easy task so this will have to do for now. :)

st85cgc65.jpg

One of the issue's I was thinking of, 80-90 are pretty solid. I would also love to get a hold of a 8.0 ST 85. But this does present very well Surfer. :applause: