• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

A triumphant feat!

Ditto (thumbs u

THX All! To answer Bill's question...can't really think which were the most difficult issues per se...#4 and5 comes to mind...but it's a whole different kettle of fish in seeking to put together a VG+-FN set than high grade (like Korvac's, Collindey's goal of 7.0 slabbed or higher, and of course the old-schoolers AtlasFan and adamstrange and their uber HG raw beauties)!

But it is a great and fun set to put together and I would urge any Pre-Hero fan to give it a shot...books are generally readily available and like any hunt, just a matter of finding the best, most presentable book for the price...which is how I approached it. Actually any time I ever had a book that would grade out 7.0 or higher (which is only a few times), I would send it off for slabbing, sell that book and then re-acquire the book again in VG-FN...

But there is something to be said to have the entire run raw in mylars to cruise through from time to time :cloud9: ...and oh yeah...popping one out from time to time as well for a fun nostalgic read...yes...actually reading them! doh!

Most of the books I have have a singular flaw or two, some edge problems, or of course the dreaded Marvel chipping (which actually doesn't bother me to no end like for some)...probably the ones in the set that I am keeping an eye out to replace would be the 4, 11 and 25...the 11 presently shown in the set is my former copy (graded out 7.5 White pages...which became Korvac's as part of one of our many dealings...not sure if he still has that one in his set... hm )...I have a current replacemnt #11 but it's a not very well-presenting VG-ish...

The #1 was one of the first books I purchased when I got back into collecting in 2001 on eBay...think I paid about $200 for it...I have it at a solid VG+ (thumbs u

Edited by trmoore54

TALES OF SUSPENSE 1-38 :headbang:

th_TALESOFSUSPENSE1VG-1.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE2VG.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE3VG-FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE4VG.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE5VG-1.jpg

th_TALESOFSUSPENSE6VG.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE7VG-FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE8FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE9FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE10FN.jpg

th_TALESOFSUSPENSE11VF--1.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE12VG.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE13VF-.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE14VG-FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE15FN.jpg

th_TALESOFSUSPENSE16FN-.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE17FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE18VG-FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE19VG.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE20VG-FN.jpg

th_TALESOFSUSPENSE21VG.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE22VG-FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE23FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE24FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE25VG-FN.jpg

th_TALESOFSUSPENSE26FN-.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE27FN-1.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE28FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE29VG-1.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE30FN.jpg

th_TALESOFSUSPENSE31VG.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE32FN-1.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE33FN-1.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE34FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE35VF.jpg

th_TALESOFSUSPENSE36FN-1.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE37FN.jpgth_TALESOFSUSPENSE38FN.jpg

WOW great to see a completed pre-hero set like this :applause:

I am about a third of the way through my own pre-hero runs of

JIM, ST, TOS & TTA

The hunt for these runs is an exciting but grueling task so I totally respect and appreciate what you have accomplished here!! Awesome Collection (worship)

Tom- Still have your former TOS #11. (thumbs u And true to the difficulty factor of finding these books in HG, I've only seen 1 opportunity to upgrade + the seller was asking too much!! :tonofbricks:

It is a white-pager! :baiting: If you do upgrade...you owe it back to me at purchase price... :devil:

But there is something to be said to have the entire run raw in mylars to cruise through from time to time ...and oh yeah...popping one out from time to time as well for a fun nostalgic read...yes...actually reading them! doh\!

:headbang:

Tom- Still have your former TOS #11. (thumbs u And true to the difficulty factor of finding these books in HG, I've only seen 1 opportunity to upgrade + the seller was asking too much!! :tonofbricks:

It is a white-pager! :baiting: If you do upgrade...you owe it back to me at purchase price... :devil:

Sure, no problem. What was it again, $500, $600? Somewhere in there..... :shy:

Speaking of TOS 11

I just got my CLink win delivered and it looks amazing in person - who couldn't love this cover! :cloud9:

TOS11ClinkMayWin.jpg

Interesting co-inkeedink... lol

Beautiful! Gotta love the dark chocolate brown covers! :cloud9:

Edited by trmoore54

So which one of you snagged the Edenwald copies of Strange Worlds 1, 2, and 3 in the last Clink auction ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

So which one of you snagged the Edenwald copies of Strange Worlds 1, 2, and 3 in the last Clink auction ? GOD BLESS...

Strange Worlds #3 was always my favorite cover & cover story of the run!

SW_03.jpg

Strange Worlds #3 was always my favorite cover & cover story of the run!

SW_03.jpg

I also have a soft spot for the other Kirby story in that issue, "I Fly to the Stars". GOD BLESS...