• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Thanks to Cheetah, some truly great books have come into my collection. The first is a mega upgrade + best known copy of this book: :applause:

tta592.jpg

Next up is the book that helps complete the entire TTA run for me from #1-101. :cloud9: A super tough book in grade, this copy is rivaled by only a single 9.4. The next best copy to this one is a 7.0!! Incredibly tough to come by in high grade:

tta4.jpg

Wow no kidding. Books you never see in that kind of grade, outstanding.

Thanks to Cheetah, some truly great books have come into my collection. The first is a mega upgrade + best known copy of this book: :applause:

tta592.jpg

Next up is the book that helps complete the entire TTA run for me from #1-101. :cloud9: A super tough book in grade, this copy is rivaled by only a single 9.4. The next best copy to this one is a 7.0!! Incredibly tough to come by in high grade:

tta4.jpg

Astonishing! :applause:

Holy Moly! :o:o:o The most stunning trade since Charlie Finley broke up the World Champion Oakland Athletics! (worship)

lol That's sayin' something!!

This was a BIG addition to your collection, well worth the build-up you gave it! Congratulations on completing this quest! :applause:

Thanks big time Alan!! All of your knowledge + support, and not to forget TTA #23 + TOS #16, have made the journey fun + engaging! (thumbs u :applause:(worship):headbang:

Thanks for all the kind words + congrats gentlemen!! Myst/Art, now you see how I was able to free up that #5 for ya! (thumbs u This has been a great ride made more enjoyable by all of you. (worship) One of the best group of collectors on this board, no doubt about it!! (thumbs u :headbang::banana:

I find the Pre-Hero books just charming. Of course I would fall to my knees and (worship) in the Hero comics rooms, which I imagine would be full of other fun accoutrements such as:

images-1.jpg

But there's something so engaging about the pre-hero stuff. When I see them, I'm like a little kid again.

Give yourself a pat on the back, pre-hero collectors!

I must say that the Kirby multi-panel covers are really starting to grow on me...at first they reminded me of some of those (blah!) Charlton covers, but when its Kirby, it works!

Let's celebrate the multi-panel pre-hero covers!

JIM_74.jpg

JIM_75.jpg

ST_92.jpg

TTA_28.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan

I most appreciate the multi-panel covers when they portray a mini-story sequence like on this cover.

ST_92.jpg

Monstro would like to wish you all a Happy + a safe 4TH of July!!!! :banana::headbang: He also adds: "If you could lay off the calamari, I'd be cool with that".

Monstro.jpg

Congratz on this recent acquisition - she's a beauty!! :applause:

I recently got this one back after getting the signature in person at the Dallas Comicon. I like first page signatures the best so I was happy to be able to get this done in a way I could be proud of, yet not have a cover signature that would mar the classic cover art.

TOS01CGCss.jpg

TOS01page1.jpg