• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

My favorite SW cover!

03.jpg

Gorgeous! :applause::cloud9:

I love the way kirby did light rendering on the part of the figure obscured by glass and heavy rendering on the fist coming through the glass.

Very similar to the Gargantus strange tales cover where there is a light render on the portion of Gargantus that is under the water, and a heavy render on the portion (including again the fist) that is out of the water.

Yup. Kind of gives it a sort of 3D effect!

That's right, it does do that.... good call. (thumbs u I was only thinking in terms of conveying the water/glass which can't really be 'drawn' directly but has to be implied through the rendering difference, water bubbles, shine on the glass, etc.

This was one of the very first prehero books to catch my attention many years ago... thanks to a cover pic in overstreet I think. Nnice to finally have a decent copy :)

Love this book also. This one still eludes my near complete TOS PH set. Holding out of a nice mid+grade one like this.

:golfclap:

I've never owned or read one. Will look forward to it some day.

In the meantime, an ebay pickup. Not quite in hand yet though.

Perhaps Hagg would be more menacing if he wasn't wearing pink boots? Ah well I love that catfish in a jumpsuit anyways :insane:

120741.jpg.cf243782874141a7e05d0b3b182f16a1.jpg

I've never owned or read one. Will look forward to it some day.

In the meantime, an ebay pickup. Not quite in hand yet though.

Perhaps Hagg would be more menacing if he wasn't wearing pink boots? Ah well I love that catfish in a jumpsuit anyways :insane:

Gorgeous, and with white pages to boot! (worship)