• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I don't know about other books from that particular month, I just know that certain books (ASM #25 is another) often have the angled cut along the right edge. I never noticed it until I saw it pointed out on the boards, and now it is obvious to me and I always look at copies of those books to see if they have the miscut. CGC doesn't downgrade for it, and you see some very nice copies of DD #7 in particular that have it.

EDIT: I looked around a bit for an example, but of course I can't find one now that I need one!

Edited by mysterio

Few more I got this week off EBay. I am all ready for the Marvel Gorgilla movie! Have the TTA #12 and 18 now... :acclaim:lol

2012-03-22180444.jpg[/img]

I just got this myself but its not as nice as yours.

Well done

TALESOFSUSPENSE12.jpg

I can't wait to see what Bronty posts as the spoils from this recent CLink Focused Auctions... I know you kicked my butt on some of them sweet PHs. Now let me see that at least they are going to a nice home :taptaptap:lol

:sorry:

I"m sorry to disappoint. :sorry: I did get this TOS38, but its no solace as the book I really wanted, TTA19, I was underbidder on :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry::cry: :cry:

124135.jpg.ceeaea28d715a6845854daae5c5b0569.jpg

124136.jpg.3e4da57bd1b9f8271784f75d47b7cf38.jpg

Thanks Hayden. Oh well :( I'm guessing (and hoping) that another poster on this thread won the #19, if I'm right I'll be almost as happy.

That #2 presents very nicely, congrats :D

Tried to win a few but only ended up with these (but very happy with prices I snagged them at :banana: )

Now only 6 books away from completing my TTA Pre Hero set :ohnoez:

RAD422D72012111_20237.jpg

I saw the #2, and meant to go back and bid on it. Total forgot about it. :tonofbricks: Presents Great! Its cool it went to another board member! :applause:

Nice pickups guys! If I wasn't completely broke I would have bid on that TOS #38, and the TTA #2 in particular was a nice book for the grade and the price I thought.

I would be really interested in this TTA #27 (I'm not excited about paying nosebleed prices for a copy of this book) but the price seems to have gotten a little aggressive for a 0.5 IMHO (currently $131). Thoughts?

RADE113F2012314_11386.jpg

Nice pickups guys! If I wasn't completely broke I would have bid on that TOS #38, and the TTA #2 in particular was a nice book for the grade and the price I thought.

I would be really interested in this TTA #27 (I'm not excited about paying nosebleed prices for a copy of this book) but the price seems to have gotten a little aggressive for a 0.5 IMHO (currently $131). Thoughts?

RADE113F2012314_11386.jpg

Its never gonna be a cheap book in any condition, someone always wants it.

Tried to win a few but only ended up with these (but very happy with prices I snagged them at :banana: )

Now only 6 books away from completing my TTA Pre Hero set :ohnoez:

RAD422D72012111_20237.jpg

I saw the #2, and meant to go back and bid on it. Total forgot about it. :tonofbricks: Presents Great! Its cool it went to another board member! :applause:

Agreed...very nize! Love the S. Ditko orig. sig...always interesting to me how Stan and Stevie would sign occasional covers...wondering what the circumstances were or the randomness...did they sign them all and somewhere through production they were taken out and/or left it (?)...most importantly as a would be artist I understand the wanting to sign one's original work (not copies necessarily) and it hints, to me, that Stan and Stevie knew they had something goin' on... :headbang: