• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

ST97fine.jpg

jimbo my friend, you are slowly killing me one... post... at... a... time!

Nice pick up Bro. I still need this one...I have to get it into my head that double guide is a normal price for this book. Yours looks pretty nice from the scan. :applause:

I've got a feeling that the 9.0 in the latest Clink auction is going to be even more than that......although it looks like AS's White Mountain would dethrone it as highest graded. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here is the new upgrade 4.0

3fc2b0c7.jpg

Great book!

That's a nice VG......It would be near the top of my stack for sure. Metro has a raw 9.0 and a slabbed 7.5 and I'm surprised they're both still there. They're not cheap....but this book NEVER is. GOD BLESS....

Here is the new upgrade 4.0

Great book!

That's a nice VG......It would be near the top of my stack for sure. Metro has a raw 9.0 and a slabbed 7.5 and I'm surprised they're both still there. They're not cheap....but this book NEVER is. GOD BLESS....

If I could ever get the scratch together at least one of those copies would disappear from their website! :P

Maybe, but I just bought a JIM #82 that they graded as VF- and it looked every bit the part. I just sent it off for a press and sub so we'll see how it does. The price was right, so even if it comes back a 7.0 I will be satisfied.

I just can't trust their raw 9.0s anyways. Get the feeling it would not come back 9.0 or why wouldn't they grade it themselves? They aren't dumb

No they aren't, but in many cases they're counting on their customers being so.

This book has been tough for me, and I finally upgraded my Goodish copy (which will be up for sale soon). Couldn't really afford it, but couldn't let it go either because I never know when another will come up. I would've loved to get the #4 as well, but definitely couldn't have afforded a second book so I went hard on this one. If I was up against any boardies on it I'm sorry you didn't get it, but not sorry I did! :foryou:

TTA02CGC.jpg

Thanks Bronty!

Pete, I thought it was a pretty 6.0 from the front as well. I have a back scan too and it is equally pretty. Looks like just an accumulation of minor defects, plus the light dust shadow on the right edge. I am really pleased with it. I put this book on the list with TOS #2 and TTA #4 as being some of the all-time toughest pre-hero issues of these titles, so I'm thrilled to have a run-worthy copy (I aim for 6.0 or better for my pre-heros).

If ever there could be true book ends for a pre hero collection, TTA 2 and TOS 2 would make good choices. GOD BLESS...

P.S. The Pre Hero Marvel market is still evolving after all these years and I wonder if any of you (lurkers included) would like to have a discussion on what the top 10 Pre Hero keys or icons would be.Below are some suggestions.....no AF 15 or TTA 27, and no particular order (at this time....)

TTA 1

TTA 2

TTA 16

TTA 17

TTA 29

TOS 1

TOS 2

TOS 14

TOS 15

TOS 20

TOS 32

JIM 62

JIM 70

JIM 78

ST 88

ST 89

ST 97

SW 1

AA 1

AAF 13

AAF 14

.....some of these I listed purely because of a cool cover or nostalgia.

jimbo, sad to say that I'm not familiar (sell me your ST 97) with enough of the books (sell me your ST 97) on the above list (sell me your ST 97), but once I become more acquainted with them (sell me your ST 97), I'll certainly be more than glad (sell me your ST 97) to weigh in.

jimbo, sad to say that I'm not familiar (sell me your ST 97) with enough of the books (sell me your ST 97) on the above list (sell me your ST 97), but once I become more acquainted with them (sell me your ST 97), I'll certainly be more than glad (sell me your ST 97) to weigh in.

Hey Steve...I had first dibs! :baiting:

Thanks Bronty!

Pete, I thought it was a pretty 6.0 from the front as well. I have a back scan too and it is equally pretty. Looks like just an accumulation of minor defects, plus the light dust shadow on the right edge. I am really pleased with it. I put this book on the list with TOS #2 and TTA #4 as being some of the all-time toughest pre-hero issues of these titles, so I'm thrilled to have a run-worthy copy (I aim for 6.0 or better for my pre-heros).

Mysty...that is an awesome FN copy! :cloud9: CONGRATS! :headbang: Very happy for you! I'd love to know your total Pre-Hero set as of now...you should let us know...upward and onward!

t

If ever there could be true book ends for a pre hero collection, TTA 2 and TOS 2 would make good choices. GOD BLESS...

P.S. The Pre Hero Marvel market is still evolving after all these years and I wonder if any of you (lurkers included) would like to have a discussion on what the top 10 Pre Hero keys or icons would be.Below are some suggestions.....no AF 15 or TTA 27, and no particular order (at this time....)

TTA 1

TTA 2

TTA 16

TTA 17

TTA 29

TOS 1

TOS 2

TOS 14

TOS 15

TOS 20

TOS 32

JIM 62

JIM 70

JIM 78

ST 88

ST 89

ST 97

SW 1

AA 1

AAF 13

AAF 14

.....some of these I listed purely because of a cool cover or nostalgia.

I'm game Jimbo...I'll cull my list together and post...it's gonna be tough... :frustrated:

Actually I had him via PM first, but thought I'd go public with the not-so-subliminal technique. Let's see if it works! :wishluck:

Ooops, wait a minute...

It would be tough for me to make a list. Any book with a Kirby monster coming out of the cover is game. I love them all.

....I'm thinking books with staying power, the ones that might continue to fetch multiples of guide even 10 years from now. There are so many more I could have listed.....raritycould be a detrmining factor (i.e. JIM 52 or 54). GOD BLESS....

P.S. It sounds like it may be time to posse up with some of my pardners and go on a ST 97 round-up.

Edited by jimjum12

Ummmmm I liked the book too...and need it. :baiting::baiting:

Ummmmm I liked the book too...and need it. :baiting::baiting:

and a nice TTA 29... :cloud9: