• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

jimbo, sad to say that I'm not familiar (sell me your ST 97) with enough of the books (sell me your ST 97) on the above list (sell me your ST 97), but once I become more acquainted with them (sell me your ST 97), I'll certainly be more than glad (sell me your ST 97) to weigh in.

:roflmao:

jimbo, sad to say that I'm not familiar (sell me your ST 97) with enough of the books (sell me your ST 97) on the above list (sell me your ST 97), but once I become more acquainted with them (sell me your ST 97), I'll certainly be more than glad (sell me your ST 97) to weigh in.

Hey Steve...I had first dibs! :baiting:

Ummmmm I liked the book too...and need it. :baiting::baiting:

and a nice TTA 29... :cloud9:

Yep...need that one too. :gossip:

ST 97 is a fantastic cover.

ST_97.jpg

But still not as popular as this one:

ST_89a.jpg

Nice books... (thumbs u

I'd agree and say that ST #89 is the all-time pre-hero Strange Tales book...

I think for JIM..it would be #62.

Here is my old copy, I no longer own it though... :(

Even though it wasn't super high-grade...I still miss it.

JourneyIntoMystery62sold-1.jpg

ST_89a.jpg

Except I'm an architect...and I can't look at this cover and not ask myself..."Where's the foundation??!! And the bottom half of the house?? :o

:gossip: Forget the fact that the monster speaks English... :screwy::jokealert:

Edited by trmoore54

ST_97.jpg

ST_89a.jpg

Nice books... (thumbs u

I'd agree and say that ST #89 is the all-time pre-hero Strange Tales book...

I think for JIM..it would be #62.

Here is my old copy, I no longer own it though... :(

Even though it wasn't super high-grade...I still miss it.

JourneyIntoMystery62sold-1.jpg

Nice, but my favotire JIM cover is this one:

JIM_58a.jpg

The awesomeness of this Ditko cover cannot be matched!

ST_97.jpg

ST_89a.jpg

....that's a pretty ST 97, Bill....looks VF or better. I'm usually happy with mid grade ( sell me your ST 97, Bill but I may try to upgrade to a sharp copy on that one (sell me your ST 97, Bill GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Must...sell...to ..Jimbo...must..huh what? Oh, that was weird.

Anyway, I got this from Marnin Rosenberg back in the day (early 90s) and he graded it a VG+/F-

He actually was suprised at me for wanting to buy such a low grade copy! He may have even thrown it in one of my orders for nothing, cause I was sending him a large % of my income ever month for comics!

Anyway, I got this from Marnin Rosenberg back in the day (early 90s) and he graded it a VG+/F-

He actually was suprised at me for wanting to buy such a low grade copy! He may have even thrown it in one of my orders for nothing, cause I was sending him a large % of my income ever month for comics!

.....wow, maybe I need to start buying Rosenberg VG/F's.....I'm either missing something or my eyesight has really taken a turn for the worse. GOD BLESS....

.....wow, maybe I need to start buying Rosenberg VG/F's.....I'm either missing something or my eyesight has really taken a turn for the worse. GOD BLESS....

Oh, I ment the ST 89, not the 97. My mind must have still been clouded from your attempted Jedi mind trick!

....the 89 is also nice....it may be my favorite of them all....I love that story and always will. Rhino used to post here until he sold his PH's a few years ago.....he has original art to the Fin Fang Foom story, including the Great Wall splash.....mind boggling. GOD BLESS...

I always wondered why #89 commanded such a high price. First Fing-Fang-Foom, or was it the last Fing-Fang- Foom also? A great cover and story regardless.

Good old Fing Fang Foom made a few appearances in an Iron Man storyline with the Mandarin in the late 80's or early 90's, he also appeared in at least one issue of Astonishing Tales (I am pretty sure it was #24, he's on the cover). He was one of the few pre-hero monsters to show up later on in the later Marvel universe. A few others have had minor reappearances, like that Hulk Annual (#7?), but I never read that story so I couldn't tell you the significance of any of the appearances in that book.

For those that don't know he also got a seriously bad toy made. He was the build a figure for one of the Hulk collections. I have one and it is fantastic. They usually run about $100 complete on eBay (or at least they did) and I can't recommend picking one up more highly.

It's the first Fin Fang Foom and the importance actually began as almost a joke....the monster with the most ridiculous name.(arguably lol ) .....and then the character was resurrected in the Bronze age and tangled with Hulk and then Iron Man. In my opinion, the original 13 page ST 89 story is one of the neatest shorts that I ever read. GOD BLESS...

P.S. JIM 62 is another pre hero that has a really neat story.

Edited by jimjum12

#62 is another pre-hero book that has been eluding me in decent condition. I haven't see a decent looking copy for some time at Wizard or C2E2. I love that cover with the Hulk prototype on it. :applause:

Edited by DR.X

#62 is another pre-hero book that has been eluding me in decent condition. I haven't see a decent looking copy for some time at Wizard or C2E2. I love that cover with the Hulk prototype on it. :applause:

Me too. I just picked up a decent 5.0ish #66 from Bedrock at the Dallas show, and have never owned a #62 either.

It's the first Fin Fang Foom and the importance actually began as almost a joke....the monster with the most ridiculous name.(arguably lol ) .....and then the character was resurrected in the Bronze age and tangled with Hulk and then Iron Man. In my opinion, the original 13 page ST 89 story is one of the neatest shorts that I ever read. GOD BLESS...

P.S. JIM 62 is another pre hero that has a really neat story.

Marvel also named their 70s in-house fanzine (pro-zine?) FOOM after none other than good ol' FFF.

PPS. Also thanks for the Barney Barker catch bro!