• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,220 posts in this topic

Been trying to find some prehero art that I could enjoy at an amount that I wouldn't have to slit my wrists over. The Oog story on clink months back was too rich for my blood but I was able to strike a deal for this consolation prize, not yet in hand, today. Thanks to Mike Burkey.

prowll20.jpg

Very cool + Gil Kane to boot!! :cloud9::headbang:

NICE! Love those Gil Kane monster covers. I will always regret not buying a bunch of these OA covers when I had the chance years ago from Conrad Eschenberg. sigh...

Thanks! Kept some of my favorites, like #27, #38-40,42, 44, etc, and sold off the rest. Used a big chunk of that to pay for my JIM #83 8.5 White pages and upgraded some preheros with the rest. Definitely into picking up more TTA + TOS upgrades, but won't rule out upgrading or acquiring some hero keys along the way. (thumbs u

Sweeeet! :headbang:

So the clink auction wasn't a total loss, I got to overpay for this lil' gem! :banana:

TTA1292.jpg

I just got my Tales of suspense 13 and 28 in the mail today from the Clink auction, soooo nice! :cloud9:

However, when i tried to enter them in my Registry, someone ( cough cough) forgot to remove them from their Registry :baiting:

lol

So I just got an e-mail to the address attached to my Paypal that the Strange Worlds #5 that I bought on eBay from gargux was stolen property! Did anyone else who bought get the same e-mail? I'm not sure if this is legit or a scam...

Just heard from cheetah, and it looks like this was a legit fraud by gargux. Too bad. I opened an eBay case so we'll see if I can get anything back, and I'll work with the dealer it was stolen from.

Edited by mysterio

So I just got an e-mail to the address attached to my Paypal that the Strange Worlds #5 that I bought on eBay from gargux was stolen property! Did anyone else who bought get the same e-mail? I'm not sure if this is legit or a scam...

Just heard from cheetah, and it looks like this was a legit fraud by gargux. Too bad. I opened an eBay case so we'll see if I can get anything back, and I'll work with the dealer it was stolen from.

Definitely legit. I understand they know where all but two of the books went to. I've told CBW to post on the boards about the missing two so that some of the sleuths around here can help track them down.