• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I figured I'd go old and bald(er) before seeing a nicer copy of this book actually available. Only three better copies on the census (all 9.0) and I'm sure they are closely guarded. Its always been my #1 prehero although since collecting these more seriously its starting to have competition from two or three other books as the top dawg in my eyes.

Anyways. After paying what I would generally consider an offensive amount for an 8.5 of any prehero book, I am proud to present strange tales 89

RADD30A320091230_172337.jpg

I figured I'd go old and bald(er) before seeing a nicer copy of this book actually available. Only three better copies on the census (all 9.0) and I'm sure they are closely guarded. Its always been my #1 prehero although since collecting these more seriously its starting to have competition from two or three other books as the top dawg in my eyes.

Anyways. After paying what I would generally consider an offensive amount for an 8.5 of any prehero book, I am proud to present strange tales 89

WOW, gorgeous pickup Dan! (worship):applause::cloud9::o

And yes, while I said I would work on Spideys I couldn't leave that TOS #22 there for that price. I hadn't planned on bidding on any pre-hero, but I saw that one with 10 minutes left and thought I would place a lowball. I can't say I'm completely in love with the copy, but it is an upgrade.

FANTASTIC COPY!!!!!! :applause::cloud9: (thumbs u :headbang::takeit:

Such a tough book too, from cstink?

And yes, while I said I would work on Spideys I couldn't leave that TOS #22 there for that price. I hadn't planned on bidding on any pre-hero, but I saw that one with 10 minutes left and thought I would place a lowball. I upgrade.can't say I'm completely in love with the copy, but it is an

Just pulling your chain, I'm glad you are still collecting PH! :)

Thanks for the kind words Rich and Art. :)

Yes Rich, its the clink/stink copy. And boy you are right, the longer I collect the more I am starting to feel like Strange Tales is the toughest of the four titles. I thought/assumed it would be JIM (which is #2 for sure) but I never see any nice ST books around really. You see a few of the last five or ten issues once in a while, but that's true of all the titles. I'm not having any luck finding ST from the early and mid parts of the PH run (67-92 or so) in the grades I'm generally looking for.

WOW :o

:golfclap: