• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Thanks!!!

I expected an 8.5 maybe a 9.0 on the JIM 62. There is a very slight color loss flake off the spine. CGC is brutal on any spine wear. Picked up this copy raw from a Comicconnect auction 3 years ago. Have some more coming in soon.

Thanks!!!

I expected an 8.5 maybe a 9.0 on the JIM 62. There is a very slight color loss flake off the spine. CGC is brutal on any spine wear. Picked up this copy raw from a Comicconnect auction 3 years ago. Have some more coming in soon.

Just checked the census...only one in 9.4 (highest graded copy)...none listed yet in 9.2 so this must be your copy, the single 9.2! :o and one copy in 9.0...dang! He shoots...he scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooores! :applause::headbang:

Always amazing books, keep them coming! Here's a nice #1 to go with your #2:

tos1cgc65cow.jpg

For anyone interested, this one is actually up for Grabs on ComicConnect.com right now, along with a really nice selection of mid-grade+ prehero books with great eye appeal from my collection. I had to cobble together a bit of money a few months ago which means there's an opportunity for you guys to fill in some spaces in your registry sets / collections.

Always amazing books, keep them coming! Here's a nice #1 to go with your #2:

tos1cgc65cow.jpg

For anyone interested, this one is actually up for Grabs on ComicConnect.com right now, along with a really nice selection of mid-grade+ prehero books with great eye appeal from my collection. I had to cobble together a bit of money a few months ago which means there's an opportunity for you guys to fill in some spaces in your registry sets / collections.

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag. :mad::tonofbricks: Your book looks really nice bro!

Yeah, sorry about blowing the secret. :) Just sharing an opportunity with some fellow boardies, most of you guys probably check comic connect fairly often anyway, and the books have been in the auction preview for a couple of months now. For what it is worth, I can't bid on over half of the PH books in this auction... so less competition. I'm sure there will be chances to pick up some low-hanging fruit. I put in a handful of tracking bids on books that aren't mine, but will for the most part sit this auction out as I've been doing since the beginning of summer.

And thanks. Not all the CC prehero books are mine, there are some really nice Nic Cage books and some others. I'm happy with the way CC for the most part kept out doubles of issues. There have been a couple of CL auctions where multiples of PH books came up simultaneously. Not sure if it is just happenstance or proper auction planning. My guess is the latter.

Yeah, sorry about blowing the secret. :) Just sharing an opportunity with some fellow boardies, most of you guys probably check comic connect fairly often anyway, and the books have been in the auction preview for a couple of months now. For what it is worth, I can't bid on over half of the PH books in this auction... so less competition. I'm sure there will be chances to pick up some low-hanging fruit. I put in a handful of tracking bids on books that aren't mine, but will for the most part sit this auction out as I've been doing since the beginning of summer.

And thanks. Not all the CC prehero books are mine, there are some really nice Nic Cage books and some others. I'm happy with the way CC for the most part kept out doubles of issues. There have been a couple of CL auctions where multiples of PH books came up simultaneously. Not sure if it is just happenstance or proper auction planning. My guess is the latter.

This book is common in 6.5...pure junk...see it all the time....and these are not the d a m n droids your looking for....no one bid. PLEASE. Trying to conteract your putting attention on it. lol:wishluck: I am sure you will do real well with the auction Bro! Your book was the ONE book that stuck out with me! But I love mid and lower grades. Maybe all the big fish will fight over the super high grades and I will have a shot....But I dont think that will happen. :tonofbricks:lol

Thought i'd post a few JIM.

Hard to believe that this 8.5 copy is currently the highest CGC graded.

Photobucket

Recent pickup from CLink. Edenwald copy

Photobucket

Picked up this Bethlehem copy over 8 years ago. Paid top dollar at the time which almost had me s---ting my pants. Glad I did, though. Still highest graded copy with a great Everett cover

Photobucket