• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

To me this is one of the ultimate prehero books where the protagonist is very much a monster, but is also a great hero. There's that and I just got it and want to post it everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :insane::kidaround::sumo::headbang:

HULK180.jpg

You must truck around your e-peenis with a forklift (shrug)

CONGRATS!!!! Incredible book :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Just received this today from Sparklecity.

IMG_2875.jpg

Love the low numbers! I've never owned either the TOS #2 or the TTA #4. As I've said before, I think that TTA #4 may be the toughest book out of either of those "Tales of" titles (both in grade and to find a copy period). Awesome pickup! I looked at it longingly but didn't end up bidding due to lack of funds, so I am glad it went to a boardie.

This thread has been buzzing lately. I fear for the price(s) of some of the books I'm after at auction. :ohnoez:

We may have the occasional breather that lasts a couple of days, but overall I think this thread is in contention for the most active and passionate group in the Silver room.

.....it seems like just yesterday when we broke the 100 page barrier. I was totally NUTZ over this stuff when I was a kid.....and I never really grew up...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just received this today from Sparklecity.

IMG_2875.jpg

Love the low numbers! I've never owned either the TOS #2 or the TTA #4. As I've said before, I think that TTA #4 may be the toughest book out of either of those "Tales of" titles (both in grade and to find a copy period). Awesome pickup! I looked at it longingly but didn't end up bidding due to lack of funds, so I am glad it went to a boardie.

TOS #2 and TTA #4 are insanely difficult in high grade. Those black covers show every defect!

Not surprised to hear those census numbers, but surprised that TTA #4 isn't relatively tougher than that. For me that has always been the toughest. I can't remember the last time I saw a copy in person, and believe me I have been looking.

Not my copies (obviously), but here are scans of the top TTA #4 and 5 that I nabbed the last time they were up for sale. Korvac was kind enough to make his TTA #5 undercopy (a 7.5) available to me a year ago when it freed up.

TTA04CGC94.jpg

TTA05CGC.jpg

I have a copy of TTA 13 with an unusual stamp of some sort on the Back cover,

upper right. Anybody ever see this before ?

TTA13.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Monkey stamp. Yeah that's a common one and detracts horribly. Pm me your ask price.

If they were in a barrel I'd offer more. :foryou:

Not sure it's pre-hero book but it is a mega-cool, nonetheless! :applause:

To me this is one of the ultimate prehero books where the protagonist is very much a monster, but is also a great hero. There's that and I just got it and want to post it everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :insane::kidaround::sumo::headbang:

HULK180.jpg

Thanks! (thumbs u I know its a stretch, but the Hulk name is used in JIM #62 + 66(as you well know). And I wanted to share the book with my prehero peeps, some of the most passionate and coolest collectors out there!!! (worship)(worship):headbang::headbang::applause::applause:

Not sure it's pre-hero book but it is a mega-cool, nonetheless! :applause:

HULK180.jpg

ehhh, there are elements. We'll give it a pass ;)

You've got so much cred on this thread anyways that you could get away with posting a strawberry shortcake #1 and we still wouldn't be picking up the flaming torches, I don't think ;)

What a book! :cloud9: