• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

One of the 1st PH stories I ever read. I'm just happy that no one took a Sharpie to this one.

101_0385_zps9deefb0b.jpg

Sweet!

Strange Tales #91 was THE first pre-hero I ever owned, and the first I read excepting the 70s WMD and MOTP reprints. I've since upgraded, but here's the first, which my dad found in basement.

strangetales91.jpg

Just thought Id let y'all know that I have a few nice books in the Feb comiclink auction. Please take a peek at some point - you won't be disappointed. I'm just trying to focus my collection down a bit. I don't need a double ST 89, not really, and my 9.4 tta 15 is just too much book for me (I stay 8-9 to keep things affordable). Please check em out. Am I doing the responsible thing or should I have my frickin head examined? :tonofbricks:

Just thought Id let y'all know that I have a few nice books in the Feb comiclink auction. Please take a peek at some point - you won't be disappointed. I'm just trying to focus my collection down a bit. I don't need a double ST 89, not really, and my 9.4 tta 15 is just too much book for me (I stay 8-9 to keep things affordable). Please check em out. Am I doing the responsible thing or should I have my frickin head examined? :tonofbricks:

I don't find them Dan...are they not posted yet?

I think you're doing the right thing. It's great to own them but with this genre of books it comes down to eye appeal for me. I would be satisfied with a Very Good if it presents extremely nice. ( ie. Front looks 9.0 but large piece missing from back cover makes it a 4.0). Heck, I would be happy with a 2.0 if it looks nice.

Don't even second guess yourself. Once they're gone and out of sight you won't even think about them again plus you'll have money to leverage on other books and you'll be a happy camper.

Edited by Red_Hood

I'll admit that I thought it was kinda cool that you ended up with the TTA 15 (White Mountain?). Hopefully you'll turn these into even more pre-heros for your stash. :wishluck:

Thank you sir. Yes it is the WM.

I'll definitley be looking for more pieces for the stash, just not for a little while as I have my eyes on other baubles ATM. :)

I do have four preheroes on the way back from cgc though, three 8s and an 8.5 so right in my sweet spot ;)