• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,038 posts in this topic

Nice pickups. Kirby's art for the Colossus story is spectacular. (thumbs u

thanks. I think a colossus reprint (#20 not #14) was literally the first pre hero story I ever read so I have fond memories for the character :)

I had an eye on the TTA 30, but was so p'ssed off after seeing the price manipulation on the ST 97 that i didn't bid... seems like someone retracted their bid and then reinstated it. I thought Clink was becomming a serious auction house but looks more like ebay where people can put in bids to feel out how high they need to go to get the high bid... then remove then, then snipe....

Thats just wrong.

Makes someone think twice before putting in a $7500 bid or any bid for that matter.

that sucks man, I understand how you must feel :(

Thanks for leaving me this scrap, it is a nice upgrade from my current 6.5.

RADF77CC2012530_12340.jpg

Beautiful book, sparklecity methinks?

:applause:

Thanks! It was in the Clink auction, though I did buy that TTA #2 I showed off earlier this week from Sparklecity.

Anyone else watching the ST #97 9.0 on clink? Wow!

Hmm. Those kind of prices do make one stop and think...One book could pay for a year's worth of college tuition... hm

Edited by AtlasFan

I almost bid on this book since it is only at $100, but then I saw the PQ. Such a shame, but if anyone here wants a super cool book and doesn't mind the PQ then have at it!

RAD438582012521_142410.jpg

EDIT: It went for $145, still not a bad price. Anyone here pick it up?

Edited by mysterio

To my fellow PreHero Marvel Collectors. I am trying to get CGC to adjust the Registry points for PreHero Marvels. If you agree with me that PreHero Marvel Registry point values

are woefully low please post in my Thread. Thanks.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=40&Number=5786842&Searchpage=1&Main=262355&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5786842

Real nice pick up, guys. Extra kudos, Bronty for the TOS 14 and TTA 30.

I was also eyeing that TTA. I think you got it at a bargain. The CGC census indicates that there is a 9.8 copy out there :o

I picked this up from the previous Clink auction

Photobucket

Picked this one up from Joe V. at the Philly Wizard Con

Photobucket

Picked up the next two, courtesy of Greg Reece

Photobucket

Photobucket

The TTA 13 is one of my favorites and would be in my top 20 PH's.

The TOS 5, whew, cost me my first born, my left nut, a few books and some cash. Seriously though, a major pick up for my collection of a tough issue.

Like the top 20 idea, will try to piece mine together.

I almost bid on this book since it is only at $100, but then I saw the PQ. Such a shame, but if anyone here wants a super cool book and doesn't mind the PQ then have at it!

Thats a great cover/book. Never seen it before. Shame about the brittleness. :(

Always like this book. I am going to suggest that this may be the first Atlas giant monster cover. What say you, my fellow pre-hero enthusiasts?

To my fellow PreHero Marvel Collectors. I am trying to get CGC to adjust the Registry points for PreHero Marvels. If you agree with me that PreHero Marvel Registry point values

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=40&Number=5786842&Searchpage=1&Main=262355&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5786842

We're getting there, thanks for the posts in the above thread, however, we need more posts. I was told a participation of at least 10 is needed. If you want to get the PreHero

Books more recognition in the registry please post in the above thread.

We're getting there, thanks for the posts in the above thread, however, we need more posts. I was told a participation of at least 10 is needed. If you want to get the PreHero

Books more recognition in the registry please post in the above thread.

Done (thumbs u

Always like this book. I am going to suggest that this may be the first Atlas giant monster cover. What say you, my fellow pre-hero enthusiasts?

Well, if we are going to count books that early, it has to be Marvel Tales 93.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=972&bih=632&tbm=isch&tbnid=aPTXz_NUdcI4rM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MarvelTales93.jpg&docid=SXVJjiEadBVU9M&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/MarvelTales93.jpg&w=400&h=554&ei=RpzkT62-H-n36gGx3oXICg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=511&sig=116841302115339098520&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=100&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:81&tx=40&ty=71