• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

Purchased the TOS at least 10 years ago from Mr. Yee. Sold as a VF, but more like 7.0 maybe 7.5

aha. Yeah, those are the grades I would have thought as well (7.0 or squeaker 7.5).

That's about 7-7.5 points better than my copy! :tonofbricks:

Nice colors on your copy too. Congrats.

How about some ROC and roll?

JIM_71.jpg

.....this has always been a favorite of mine. The atypical Ditko cover is a fresh change of pace and the interior story is really cool and well done. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

How about alittle love for Rorgg.

photo JIM64_zpsa0102a36.jpg

Bombu, one of the most terrifying menaces from the Marvel/Atlas world.........

....NOT!

photo JIM60_zps5729c4cf.jpg

This TTA is from the Portsmouth (VA.) collection discovered in 2001. It was mentioned in this thread many moons ago. Beautiful deep, dark crisp colors on this copy.

photo TALESASTONH21_zps1ab9305d.jpg

Even has this cute little certificate with it.

photo TALESASTONH11CERT_zps4931f6ac.jpg

I was one of the first people to see those books in Portsmouth. There were 3 short boxes of nothing but PH's......and several dozen had already been snapped up by a couple of friends. I spent 4 hours going through them. Did you get that TTA from Koop's Comics....I know he ended up with quite a few ? GOD BLESS...

Jimbo, I remember geting this book at a convention (Phila. or Tysons show ??) jeez I am getting old, years ago from a guy walking around offering his books. Cannot remember his name. I also purchased the TOS 19 from him from the PS collection. However, I sold it off later on.

There are actually 2 Tyson shows by 2 different promoters now. The one you are familiar with was bought out and has new ownership. Show is well attended but lacks any name dealers (except Gene Carpenter). The other show is by Shoff productions, bi-monthly. Its a combo comic/sports event.

Edited by RICK STARR

There are actually 2 Tyson shows by 2 different promoters now. The one you are familiar with was bought out and has new ownership. Show is well attended but lacks any name dealers (except Gene Carpenter). The other show is by Shoff productions, bi-monthly. Its a combo comic/sports event.

.....that was my favorite "local" show of all time. I remember when Al Stoltz only had one table. My last show there was with my friend Leo....who later passed from Liver Cancer :sorry: GOD BLESS.....

Alot of HIGH grade books being posted in this thread. Its my duty to bring the thread back to earth by posting lower graded books. lol DONT MESS WITH OXM!!! Anything with only one eye has to be BAD AZZ!!!

World of Fantasy #18

55838F5F-5B05-462B-8847-483C5AE03B8A-1817-0000011058217C19_zps509d1e50.jpg[/img]

XOM! :makepoint: