• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

Dear lord what gorgeous copies. Can you imagine the day/week/month/year? that Adam decides to part with his PH collection. A sale for the ages (worship)

.....I think we'd all have to stop smoking, drinking, and chasing women to last long enough for THAT day......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)

Group shot. My Atlas collection is finally beginning to arrive back home after an extended stay in Sarasota. Here's the Adventure Into Mystery run -- which includes one River City Copy (#4), one White Mountain copy (#7), four Circle 8 copies (#5, 6, 7, 8), and five Eastern Color File copies (#1, 2, 3, 5, 6 -- still raw).

th_AdM01-EC.jpg th_AdM02-EC.jpg th_AdM03-EC.jpg th_AdM05-EC.jpg th_AdM06-EC.jpg

th_AdM04-80-RC.jpg th_AdM05-85-C8.jpg th_AdM06-92-C8.jpg th_AdM07-90-WM.jpg th_AdM07-85-C8.jpg th_AdM08-90-C8.jpg

My personal favorites are seldom seen issues #3 (Everett) and #4.

AdM03-EC.jpg

AdM04-RC.jpg

:acclaim:

Atlas pre-code. Atlas post-code. It's all good! :applause:

It would have been tough for him to beat "King Kirby's" superb talent for rendering these creative and now, iconic monster images. IMO, he would have followed along the lines of Ditko with interior stories and an occasional cover or partial covers.

Zzutuk, awesome books, man!!!!

I thought Ditko did just fine with monster covers. (shrug)

AmazAdultFant13sm.jpg

well rightfully so. I don't think I've seen a single one of those Adventure Into Mysterys before. Of course the local selection for pre heroes here is awful / non existent in general, but still! Very impressive :)

StrangeTales88.jpg

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Although I guess I may be a bit biased ...... hm

Never would have guessed :kidaround:

Except for his name, I always thought they could make a cool plush toy out of Gor-Kill

TOS12.jpg

No. The book that I thought was stolen turned out to have been lost. I provided an update in this thread and in Comics General last May after I found it at home.