• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

:o:o:o Is this for real !!! you think a low grade copy should set you back maybe $300-$500 ! Is this due to a low print run ? or what ! Oh yeah movie forgot doh! If prices keep coming up like this, I might just sell my TTA#13 copy for 5K or trade it in for AF15 lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-to-Astonish-13-1960-Groot-Abominable-Snowman-/310720743268?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4858664764

:o:o:o Is this for real !!! you think a low grade copy should set you back maybe $300-$500 ! Is this due to a low print run ? or what ! Oh yeah movie forgot doh! If prices keep coming up like this, I might just sell my TTA#13 copy for 5K or trade it in for AF15 lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-to-Astonish-13-1960-Groot-Abominable-Snowman-/310720743268?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4858664764

It's presently at $910! :o

:gossip: rumour has it there's a nice HG raw copy for sale in the For Sale Thread... :cloud9:

I took my Fn+ copy of TTA 13 to the Chicago Con and got serious $ for it.

It was the ONLY copy there! There may have been one in Moondog's collection, but of course no one ever got a chance to look at it or buy it.

Here a few issues from that collection that I was able to hunt down from other dealers. And, of course, now at greatly increased prices.

They all have very nice supple OW/W pages and bright colors and gloss.

photo STRTALES81MD_zps3ba32083.jpg

photo STRTALES82MD_zps324ffd05.jpg

photo STRTALES93MD_zpsb6f3876b.jpg

photo TALESASTONISH20MD_zpsbc5ff252.jpg

photo TALESASTONISH22MD_zps6b72d534.jpg

photo TALESASTONISH23MD_zpsf2947570.jpg

photo AMAZINGADVT6MD_zps0ab39b9d.jpg

This one is not from the same collection, but a super copy courtesy of Superworld.

photo STRTALES76_zps162b62fc.jpg

Gorgeous books Mr. Starr! If the ST #93 and the TTA #22 were the copies at Dale's booth I looked at them and thought very seriously about the TTA #22. Fantastic pickups.

I'm barely home, and will get my large pre-hero haul scanned and posted soon. I took pics of the three that are currently in Sarasota too.

Gorgeous books Mr. Starr! If the ST #93 and the TTA #22 were the copies at Dale's booth I looked at them and thought very seriously about the TTA #22. Fantastic pickups.

I'm barely home, and will get my large pre-hero haul scanned and posted soon. I took pics of the three that are currently in Sarasota too.

Yep, got them from Dale. What copies did you get from him?

Glad you did not take the TTA 22, very much needed as an upgrade and possible CGC.

doh!

If anybody cares, I looked up census data with all the TTA 13 talk and showed that its no rarer than the other 11/60 issues, and similar to the other TTA issues in that range. Link if you care! http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6939697#Post6939697

Nice info!

Glad you did not take the TTA 22, very much needed as an upgrade and possible CGC.

doh!

I bought a stunning TOS #32 from him, and if I could have afforded both I would have tried for a package deal but my budget was on life support by that time. I've never owned that TTA, but the TOS was one I had been looking to upgrade for a long time. He had a ton of really pretty books, and I could have dropped thousands in his booth if I had had it to spend. :P

Sorry I didn't get a chance to find you to say hello, it would be fun to organize some sort of meet and greet for pre-hero fans at one of these larger shows sometime.

doh!

I bought a stunning TOS #32 from him, and if I could have afforded both I would have tried for a package deal but my budget was on life support by that time. I've never owned that TTA, but the TOS was one I had been looking to upgrade for a long time. He had a ton of really pretty books, and I could have dropped thousands in his booth if I had had it to spend.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to find you to say hello, it would be fun to organize some sort of meet and greet for pre-hero fans at one of these larger shows sometime.

There seemed to be a few very nice copies of TOS 32 at the show. Your copy,

the MD collection copy(Harley) ,at least VF, and Superworld's copy again as nice or nicer than MD copy. Normally not an easy issue to find in HG.

As far as your idea of PH collectors meeting up, count me in. Did meet DR.X and Bomber-Bob for the first times at the show.