• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I don't collect DC, but I do think about trying to get a copy of this book every now and then ... especially given that Kirby is involved.

I sold my copy a while back and miss it..... it has two S&K stories, a Burnley, a Bailey, a Roussos, and a Lehti inside ….. powerful GA goodness :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, jimjum12 said:
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:30 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I don't collect DC, but I do think about trying to get a copy of this book every now and then ... especially given that Kirby is involved.

I sold my copy a while back and miss it..... it has two S&K stories, a Burnley, a Bailey, a Roussos, and a Lehti inside ….. powerful GA goodness :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

ADV5.jpg

58 minutes ago, bc said:

Always liked this sunburst brown cover (picked this up several years ago)

Passing it up would have stuck in my Kraa

TOS_18.jpg

I love that effect -- here's my favorite example (from only three months earlier).

343864548_JourneyIntoMystery66CGC5.0.thumb.jpg.5f474c181b4555ac255c17055d8d996c.jpg

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

Went out to the Akron Comic Con today and (surprisingly) found a minor upgrade (thanks Bill!). My original copy looked like it was left out in the rain and the cover was taped on.

This pic doesn't do the colors any justice, but there's no tape and no water damage to poor ole misunderstood Monstrom.

tta_11.jpg.645485159f028833a26cf6f07e927ad1.jpg

-bc

Just recently picked up this copy online. It's one of my favorite pre-hero covers, and I've been looking out for it for two years now. It's incredibly hard to find in any condition, and the few I did see were far out of my price range. When I saw this one, and that it was a decent grade AND in my price range - well, I'd be stupid NOT to buy it, right?

TTA-7-ebay.jpg

Edited by Getoutandstayout
correction

6 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I’d say Astonish 4.

There may be tougher, but it’s gotta be close. Bear in mind that I was never a high grade guy, so books that are just killer in grade will have escaped my notice.

I’ll say Astonish #4 as well. Bad in any grade, super difficult above even VG. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, Rosland said:

Dear Mr. Starr,

Those books truly are astonishing. Don't see 'em like that for sale anymore...:(

Sincerely,

Rosland (in formal mode)

Thanks. You have an astonishing number of "obscured"  PMH books yourself.

Looks like there's a mid-grade TTA #4 out there for sale right now..... Too bad I don't have the cha-ching for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-to-Astonish-4-July-1959-Marvel-CGC-6-5-Universal-OW-W-Case-Perfect/263963270273?hash=item3d756fdc81:g:6cAAAOSwgGBbrnLo:rk:2:pf:0

3 minutes ago, Getoutandstayout said:

Nice copy but the price seems a bit high.

That book was sold in June 2014 for $350 - another in 6.5 was sold for $395 in May of this year (according to GPA).

I hope he gets his asking price!

-bc

28 minutes ago, bc said:

Nice copy but the price seems a bit high.

That book was sold in June 2014 for $350 - another in 6.5 was sold for $395 in May of this year (according to GPA).

I hope he gets his asking price!

-bc

Wow. No wonder it's still for sale. Funny how he put that random $889.00 price tag on it.

addition