• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013 (unofficial-official thread)...

148 posts in this topic

I turned my computer sideways. Cat (David Merryweather) may drink enough to be able to look at this stuff comfortably, it gives me a headache.

And where are the pictures of wall books?!?!?

Meeting Congressman John Lewis was the highlight of my Comic-Con. I usually don't care about meeting politicians, but this man is a real-life superhero. He's the last living speaker from the 1963 March on Washington. An uncompromising crusader for equal rights for EVERY person and a voting record to prove it. Eyes on the prize every step of the way. He was at the con to promote "March: Book One" a graphic novel about his life that was written by Andrew Aydin and illustrated by Nate Powell (who drew a picture of Lewis inside the book). Lewis was incredibly gracious and all three of them signed the book next to the sketch of him. Check out the book. It's incredible and is required reading in EVERY teacher's classroom and school library. I bought one for each of my kids. What an honor! Love this man!

congressmanjohnlewis_zps7b13860c.jpg

No, the guy on the left is NOT dead. He's the writer (Nate Powell) of "March: Book One." Although, come to think of it, the Walking Dead booth was pretty close by. . .

conglewis_signature_zps01e80a64.jpg

Is that Mr. Ticket?

[font:Times New Roman]You mean this guy ..,? [/font] (shrug)

20130721_152222_zpsc8a1f7ea.jpg

Naw, I think this strappin' lad is a doctor, not a lawyer. hm

No, I know Watson.

I meant the pic in the last batch. The blonde guy with the big smile. Is that Mhedy?

Is that Mr. Ticket?

[font:Times New Roman]You mean this guy ..,? [/font] (shrug)

20130721_152222_zpsc8a1f7ea.jpg

Naw, I think this strappin' lad is a doctor, not a lawyer. hm

No, I know Watson.

I meant the pic in the last batch. The blonde guy with the big smile. Is that Mhedy?

John Verzyl