• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"CGC has no honor"

247 posts in this topic

Also, I wasn't sending that captain america for grading, I was using it as an example.

(I read this post before watching the video)

and then I spit coffee when he said "Im sure the guy is going to say "I didnt send it in it was just an example"

you owe me a monitor.

every time he says "slabbed" it sounds like he says "slapped"

Reminds me of the sale thread last week for slapped books. The OP finally corrected the first post, but it took awhile. The rest of his posts show it. slapped books

Also, I wasn't sending that captain america for grading, I was using it as an example.

and then I spit coffee when he said "Im sure the guy is going to say "I didnt send it in it was just an example"

you owe me a monitor.

The video guy actually deleted an entire conversation where youmrchoose provided proof that he did not have it slabbed. I told the video guy he owes him an apology, he tried to give himself wiggle room, I responded, and then today the entire conversation has been removed from the comments.

Heck no.

Cal is pro CGC.

Or at least anti - the "anti-CGCers" :)

It wasn't based on the guys opinion, I thought it was him because with that narrow view it looked like CAL lol

Rambling on for 11 minutes about something that could be explained in 30 seconds? Check.

Self-important attitude and obliviousness to his own confrontational demeanor? Check.

An insufferable know-it-all with delusions of granduer and pontificating on the finer points of how one should debate the topic of comic books? Check.

Yep. That's CAL.

To me the funniest thing about this is here is a guy that really cares

whether people think he's ignorant or not and has all of his video footage

taken in vertical portrait instead of obvious horizontal landscape to remove the black bars.

FUMBLE!

lol

you owe me a monitor.

The video guy actually deleted an entire conversation where youmrchoose provided proof that he did not have it slabbed. I told the video guy he owes him an apology, he tried to give himself wiggle room, I responded, and then today the entire conversation has been removed from the comments.

I liked your comment so it stays on top.

Heck no.

Cal is pro CGC.

It wasn't based on the guys opinion, I thought it was him because with that narrow view it looked like CAL lol

Rambling on for 11 minutes about something that could be explained in 30 seconds? Check.

2 Minutes, not 11 minutes. Not like CAL.

Dr. Balls exaggeration: check.

Self-important attitude and obliviousness to his own confrontational demeanor? Check.

Dr. Balls gets a half-credit here. The half he gets credit for is that yes. I know I am confrontational - NOT oblivious. Self important theme? I might not be important to Dr. Balls, but there are many people who depend upon my successes. They are the ones who count, not the fanboys here sitting in Mama's basement with something in their hands...

An insufferable know-it-all with delusions of granduer and pontificating on the finer points of how one should debate the topic of comic books? Check.

Another half-credit for Dr. Balls here: the know-it-all is not far off, but the rest? Pontificating how one should debate comics? I could care less how you fanboys flame each other...better to be a "has-been" than a "Never-was-nor-will-be"...but it ain't over yet...I am making my comeback...

Yep. That's CAL.

No it is NOT CAL. CAL is his own man, and forever will be. Now go sit on the train tracks for a day or two...

Heck no.

Cal is pro CGC.

Dr. Balls gets a half-credit here. The half he gets credit for is that yes. I know I am confrontational - NOT oblivious. Self important theme? I might not be important to Dr. Balls, but there are many people who depend upon my successes. They are the ones who count, not the fanboys here sitting in Mama's basement with something in their hands...

Another half-credit for Dr. Balls here: the know-it-all is not far off, but the rest? Pontificating how one should debate comics? I could care less how you fanboys flame each other...better to be a "has-been" than a "Never-was-nor-will-be"...but it ain't over yet...I am making my comeback...

Yep. That's CAL.

No it is NOT CAL. CAL is his own man, and forever will be. Now go siton the train tracks for a day or two...

Are you engaging in some light back & forth with the voices in your head?

Heck no.

Cal is pro CGC.

Yep. That's CAL.

No it is NOT CAL. CAL is his own man, and forever will be. Now go siton the train tracks for a day or two...

Are you engaging in some light back & forth with the voices in your head?

No. That part of being an arrogant pompous meathead like yourself does me no good. But when I DO a smack down talk on whatever subject, I can back it up, unlike you.

CAL :sumo:

I NEVER exaggerate.

Oh,you never do anything wrong, ever, right?

For those that believe your "do-gooder" girl-cries, I have a SA comic I can sell to you cheaply...

CAL doh!

But I did watch the man's video and a quick commentary:

First impression is unremarkable; the 1/3 screen instead of full screen is unusual, and the audio makes this video almost unwatchable for the first 1:18, as the room tone is overpowering his "rant".

Nevertheless, his DP manages to kill that obnoxious room tone, and the rest of the audio quality is adequate.

The Content and Theme of his video is obvious: he is defending his positions on varied subjects relating to a post somewhere re: Bruce Banner.

Now for his "rant" part, I did not totally get the "CGC has no Honor bit"; if he truly feels that way about CGC, why buy their products?

But I am not really here to slam the man; matter of fact his video has 20 "Likes" and only 2 "Dislikes". I gave him a "Like", because he at least DID something about his dilemma, which was the alleged insulting by Bruce Banner. I also tend to rate movies higher than the average person, because I know what it takes to do that great task.

I am not going to take the time to dissect the conflict between the man and Bruce Banner because I DON'T have the time, nor is it any of my concern. However, i would like to help the man improve his videos, just for the sake of helping someone.

He does admit to having, in his own words, a "small collection". He does close strongly about who and what he is about, and that is something to be admired.

CAL 2c