• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submissions for Wizard World Chicago

9 posts in this topic

its posted on desert wind's website that they will be there.

I got lucky and will be able to make into WW Chicago on Sunday. I've got some books that I'd like to get SS, but am not familiar with the best way to go about getting this done and who to go through (this will be my first set of books I've ever submitted). Can anyone give me some guidance? I'd really appreciate it. Would also enjoy meeting anyone who's also going to be there. Thanks!

I got lucky and will be able to make into WW Chicago on Sunday. I've got some books that I'd like to get SS, but am not familiar with the best way to go about getting this done and who to go through (this will be my first set of books I've ever submitted). Can anyone give me some guidance? I'd really appreciate it. Would also enjoy meeting anyone who's also going to be there. Thanks!

The easiest way to go is to

1) Find out where the creators are sitting at the show and if they're still at their booth. (Use the wizardworld.com website to get the floor map and booth assignments, but go to their booths when you enter on Sunday.)

2) Do NOT get your comic books signed yet. Once you know they are there, go to the CGC booth, and ask for a witness.

3) Have that witness accompany you to those creator's booths, so the creator(s) signs your comics in front of the witness. When you are done, go back with the witness to the CGC booth.

4) Fill out the paperwork at the CGC booth and submit your comics. Since you are coming on Sunday, the books will need to go back to their facility in Florida to get CGC SS graded and then mailed back to you.

I would recommend doing this early in the day Sunday, as the afternoon gets crazy busy with people trying to finish off their CGC submissions for the weekend. Be warned, some creators don't make it back to the show on Sunday, and some may not be there when the doors open but could show up closer to 11, 12, or 1 pm.

Good luck! Hope you have a fun day at the show!

Joel