• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Chicago Forum Dinner interest thread

18 posts in this topic

It appears that the forum dinner, which normally takes place Saturday of the WW Chicago show, may not happen. It is normally at Gibson's directly across the street from the show. In the past, different people have undertaken the thankless task of organizing it.

If you would be a firm (not airtight, but pretty strong) commitment to attend should it come together, would you respond here? Include the prior list with your name added and your # of guests.

This has been a multi-year tradition that may be ending. Are you willing to attend and/or organize it?

I would be glad to buy each of you a drink (of my choosing).

Seriously, in the past this dinner has cost about $65 which includes:

Salad to start

Next a choice of 1 main course:

7oz Filet

10oz Filet

16oz Bone-In Sirloin

22oz WR Chicago Cut

Brioled Swordfish

Penne With Vegetables In Garlic & Oil

All served with a giant baked potato and vegetable combination platter

Coffee served after dinner

I think they need 25 people and a $500 deposit to reserve it. In the past, there have been charity auctions at the event. Books shown off would boggle your mind. I think last year had about 8 Marvel #1 owners all in one room. There was an Action 1 raw in 2011. It would be a real shame for this to end as it's been going 10+ straight years, I'm told.

I will be the first to add my name.

Attending:

Transplant

FYI. The Stephens room (with adjoining patio) is booked already. They have a Rosemont room which would work for everyone but smokers.

Just FYI. I am not, at this point, volunteering to organize this thing. Before I decide whether to do that, I want to see what kind of interest there is.

I think the list currently stands at:

Transplant

crnbrd

143ksk

mysterio

1Cool +1

So, here's the deal. I am extremely limited in what I can do over the next 2 weeks. I will not be organizing any forum dinner. And I'm pulling my name from attendance here as well for a couple of reasons. First, I've been informed that there is another large group of boardies planning to have an unofficial dinner together on Saturday night. That means the potential pool of attendees is already highly curtailed. Second, some years I just hit the gathering after dinner. Looks like this is one of those years.

Transplant

crnbrd

143ksk

mysterio

1Cool +1

catrick339

You know, when I ran this stupid thing, I had 65 people in a room and the books there boggled the mind. I may have to do it again in 2014. I just can't do it this year, I'm sorry. I am 800 miles away, that may have something to do with it. Don't let it die.