• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey senses tingling on an offline direct deal

49 posts in this topic

This thread is like reading a novel and discovering the last chapter has been ripped out.

The last chapter was a tad boring. Here is how it turned out; pasted from my PM to concerned boardies.......

But this really was such a bizarre occurrence as certain things never added up. I ended up actually opening a paypal case and the seller kept in consistent communication with me with several difference excuses all over the place - but I ended up getting refunded 100% of my money.

Have no clue why he strung me along like he did. Clearly he must have realized he gave me way too good of a price and probably sold the slabs locally.

Maybe he had another buyer lined up but did not close right away with him or maybe the guy was paying him over the course of three weeks and he did not want to unload me until he had been paid 100% from the other guy.

Who knows for certain.

Bottom line is; I will really think twice going forward about doing offline deals like this ever again -- actually probably will not anymore.

This thread is like reading a novel and discovering the last chapter has been ripped out.

The last chapter was a tad boring. Here is how it turned out; pasted from my PM to concerned boardies.......

But this really was such a bizarre occurrence as certain things never added up. I ended up actually opening a paypal case and the seller kept in consistent communication with me with several difference excuses all over the place - but I ended up getting refunded 100% of my money.

Have no clue why he strung me along like he did. Clearly he must have realized he gave me way too good of a price and probably sold the slabs locally.

Maybe he had another buyer lined up but did not close right away with him or maybe the guy was paying him over the course of three weeks and he did not want to unload me until he had been paid 100% from the other guy.

Who knows for certain.

Bottom line is; I will really think twice going forward about doing offline deals like this ever again -- actually probably will not anymore.

Who is the seller? At this point, he deserves to be outed here.