• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question!

80 posts in this topic

There is no way a LCS has more than a couple hundred to drop on any collection that someone walks in with. Unless that collection had HG keys or plenty of HG SA or GA books. BA books are tricky unless they LCS owner can move them.

There is no way a LCS has more than a couple hundred to drop on any collection that someone walks in with. Unless that collection had HG keys or plenty of HG SA or GA books. BA books are tricky unless they LCS owner can move them.

There is also no way we will ever know I think............... about the price grin.gif

The quoted price was $350

But honestly, who is going to sell 850 comics for that amount?? You know that they will turn around and put the real prices on them and even if it does take awhile they will sell them and reap the profits. I mean, somebody will buy them...I did!

But honestly, who is going to sell 850 comics for that amount?? You know that they will turn around and put the real prices on them and even if it does take awhile they will sell them and reap the profits. I mean, somebody will buy them...I did!

That really is not that bad of a price from a LCS. Really $350 is fair. It might insult you but it is not a bad offer. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm convinced. 27_laughing.gif

Actually one LCS owner I talked to said he often says no thanks to plenty of people who walk in with similar collections. He said he just doesn't have the room or time to process the books. Most LCS are looking for the quick buck, not long term.

But honestly, who is going to sell 850 comics for that amount?? You know that they will turn around and put the real prices on them and even if it does take awhile they will sell them and reap the profits.

Or stick 'em on ebay and sell them in sets. It works for JS Comics, for example.

They may be B.A. and moderns, but they're still in -demand titles. $350 is a definite lowball, but I'm not surprised with that figure.

But honestly, who is going to sell 850 comics for that amount?? You know that they will turn around and put the real prices on them and even if it does take awhile they will sell them and reap the profits.

Or stick 'em on ebay and sell them in sets. It works for JS Comics, for example.

They may be B.A. and moderns, but they're still in -demand titles. $350 is a definite lowball, but I'm not surprised with that figure.

If I were you I would put them on eBay in runs. You will make more by far that way, and you will be had when you go back to the LCS and find your books marked up higher smile.gif

YIKES!!!

If you sold them all on eBay for a $1 each you are doing better than that! Have a huge $0.99 sale!!!

Thats what I was thinking to do!

BTW -- WELCOME BACK Steve!!! yay.gif