• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question!

80 posts in this topic

3) $350 is probably very high for that lot. The Spawns and Alpha Flights are, sorry to say, worthless, as are the vast majority of the Wolverines and the X-Men.

4) At Baltimore this past weekend, you could have picked up every single one of those books bagged and sorted for 50 cents each, except for the first 20 X-Men. I know, because I picked up a lot of them.

I'd have to agree with FD. Even at Wizard World in Chicago you could find these all over the place for next to nothing.

5) What you have here are books that are worth less than the bags and boards they're in. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

I don't know, FD.

I bet if he runs an Ebay auction for the Wolvie LS, and at the same time runs an aution for 4 bags & boards, I'll bet he gets offered *way more* for the comics.

devil.gif

You're a bad person. 27_laughing.gif

Maybe for the Wolverine LS, but if he put up Spawn 1-61 and 61 bags with boards in them, I'd bet the bags with boards get more bids than the Spawns.

Just about any store that sells back issues has an oversupply of almost every X-men from around 150 and up.

I don't think I've ever bought an 80s collection that didn't have multiple copies of Alpha Flight 1 and 12.

Trying to sell Spawns is an exercise in futility.

I was going to make a offer of $500 for the lot.

I figured that at 50 cents ,I'd be able to blow out both the X-Men post 200 and the Wolvies from around 10 up and get a buck for about 50 of the others.The Spawns and Alpha Flights at 4/$1.00 would bring in another $40 bucks,leaving me the best of the lot at around a $250 investment.Priced to sell,I'd get about $80 for the limited series and perhaps $600 for the X-men.

Its only because I don't currently have an abundence of these X-Men and Wolvies that I'd make the deal.Most stores and dealers would already have most of them.If these were my books and those offers are legit,I'd jump on them. I think you'd be hardpressed to get many beter offers.

Done! thumbsup2.gif

Done! thumbsup2.gif

Did you move the LS 1-4??????

No...and I wont at this time.

Done! thumbsup2.gif

How about now? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

makepoint.gif

Done! thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif

now? flowerred.gif

Isnt it past your bed time!? 893frustrated.gif

Done! thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif

now? flowerred.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing. sleeping.gif

Come now...your in the West!! Its only 1:06 am! Its 4:06 here in the East...heck, I can almost see the sun arising!!! grin.gif

Done! thumbsup2.gif

makepoint.gif

now? flowerred.gif

I was thinking the exact same thing. sleeping.gif

Come now...your in the West!! Its only 1:06 am! Its 4:06 here in the East...heck, I can almost see the sun arising!!! grin.gif

That reminds me....... sleeping.gif

5) What you have here are books that are worth less than the bags and boards they're in. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

I don't know, FD.

I bet if he runs an Ebay auction for the Wolvie LS, and at the same time runs an aution for 4 bags & boards, I'll bet he gets offered *way more* for the comics.

devil.gif

sign-funnypost.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

This reminds me of the local comic convention I was at last Sunday. A couple of the dealers had Modern slabbed books for sale at around $30 - $40. On the table right next to them was a dealer selling raw Modern books (bagged and boarded) for $1 a shot. An older lady (must have been a parent) came by and wondered out loud why anybody in the world would pay $30 for a book when the exact same book in equivalent condition was available on the next table for only $1. The slabbed dealer explained to her that altough the book was probably worthless, the prospective buyer would be paying for the grade certification, slab holder, and transportation costs. Nobody for the life of them, could explain it to her in a sane and rational way that would justify the additional cost for a common Modern slabbed book. insane.gif

Needless to say, by the end of the day, all of the Modern slabs were still sitting there unsold while the $1 a book dealer was doing a booming business throughout the day. Even I ended up picking up some nice books from the $1 dealer....a NM+ unread run of the Bendis/Maleev run of Daredevil #26 - #40. Not bad considering that all of the LCS's have the early part of the run priced from $10 to $15. Now I have my Maleev run pretty well complete since it is one of the very few MA books that I started to pick up a few months ago. thumbsup2.gif

Any bets that Modern slabs will end up in the same predicament with dealers and stores only willing to $100 for say 50 slabs, if they even want them at all. 27_laughing.gif : insane.gifmakepoint.gif

Even I ended up picking up some nice books from the $1 dealer....a NM+ unread run of the Bendis/Maleev run of Daredevil #26 - #40.

Nice pick up. A great read!!!! You'll more than get your monies worth out of that. Best current Marvel book.

Did he just get offered $1150 for the Wolverines and X-Men runs. NICE 893applaud-thumb.gifyay.gif

yup, and I don't need the limited series Wolvies (1 - 4 ), I just want the regular run 1 - 189 he has for $350.

WOLVERINE 1-4 NM

takeit.gif

Someone grab those spawns before it's too late.... yay.gif

wolvies.jpg

As Donut sez, BSD's have moderns in droves. I'd be embarassed if

I told you how you could buy sealed boxes, and how many sealed

boxes in '94, '95 there were floating around.

I keep meaning to look for a discounted run of D.D. 26-40. I figured I'd wait until Bendis stopped writing the book, and nobody cared anymore. I'd pay $2 @ for a run of 26-40 complete.

I am actually surprised at the prices which I am seeing at my LCS's for this Bendis/Maleev run. The shops out here seem to have issue #26 priced at $15-$20, #27-#32 at $10-$15, #33-#40 at $8-$10, and everything else after that at $5 each. Is this what they are really going for in Wizard and in the LCS's in your area?

I am just glad I picked up my run at $1 a shot. smile.gif

Seems like those prices are a holdover from the brief period when the series was smoking hot. A quick perusal of final Ebay sales, makes my offer of $2@ seem generous. A run of 26-30 ended at $6.75, and a U.K. auction for 26 ended at 25 pence.

The real question is, is anybody buying at those LCS prices?

from the LCS - I expect $85 bucks maybe $50; form ebay, you could do considerably better:

Uncanny X-Men #95 - 430 (plus 15 lower graded copies before #95...ranging from #12 to #89 and HG copies #128 - 137...all others varied from VG - NM+) = $600

Wolverine #1 - 189 (plus limited series 1-4) (All NM) = $500

Spawn 1 - 61 (plus mini series) (All NM) = $5-10

Most of the Alpha Flight run (missing 3 issues) = $5