• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

Somehow this is worse than being screwwed directly because they've been so damn nice about it. I honestly wish it was a little less like date rape and a little more like forced sodomy.

I don't mean to be a 'prude' or whatever, but it is FRIDAY....But I find your whole date rape/sodomy analogy completely inappropriate just b/c you got scammed on some comics..."Feeling like you were date raped" b/c of a bad comics deal are a million worlds apart. I think you could have made your point, w/o such a statement.

2c

On the actual deal, I do hope you get your money back and listen to the sound advice of others here and those who are in the same predicament as you.

+1 (tsk)

:gossip: luckily you can still hit the edit button and fix it.

.__351_480_IH181.jpg

Only the first link works. The other three are 404 errors. The first one is enough to show it's quite ugly.

130609458644.gif

Somebody should really do another number on the piece of Neeleys. Tell me somewhere in the 19 pages so far they've bobbed up again to "defend" themselves?

Tell me somewhere in the 19 pages so far they've bobbed up again to "defend" themselves?

Sadly, no - I think those guys are long gone. (at least for awhile)

Hey, just an update... I've spoken to the guys there. They assure me that they are going to make this right. While I'm pretty confident that they were trying to get one over on me, if they do send me what I bought, I'm happy. I have a case open with Amazon and I guess we'll see. They were very quick to get back to me - I almost feel badly that I jumped the gun. I'm sure that I'll be kicking myself in the near future, time will tell... I can't bring myself to get angry if they are trying to mend the screw job.

At this point it's totally on me as I am well informed... I really want to think the best of people which could be a personal failure.

Frankly? You're not thinking correctly if you try to see anything of value in the Neeleys. Seriously.

Tell me somewhere in the 19 pages so far they've bobbed up again to "defend" themselves?

Sadly, no - I think those guys are long gone. (at least for awhile)

I guess they couldn't find a lawyer who takes payment in Percocets, lap dances or pre-paid credit cards.

I seriously don't understand how someone that frigging stupid can make house payments or get a driver's license.

What is the thought process - or what passes for one - in trying to fleece people who are buying books that are that expensive? Do they think someone will get one of these ridiculous frankenbooks and not realise it? My grandmother could tell that POS they sent you wasn't an original Hulk 181 and she's been dead for seven years. Is the belief that someone will get the thing in and say, "My gosh, what a wonderful investment in a rare comic I have made. I see that it has a back cover that isn't made of the same paper as the rest of the book and it has a pair of extra staples that look like the work of a third grader. Clearly, this item is exactly as they described it on their web site. Oh happy day!"

And they run this operation out of their HOME!

:tonofbricks:

I mean for the love of Kirby, that is just STUPID.

I think...and I don't know for sure, that the eBay seller was just trying to find people who didn't know comics, but wanted to invest. He might have been the one selling an investment guide as well, but don't hold me to it.

I remember them, they started their own grading system/company too!

:tonofbricks:

I mean for the love of Kirby, that is just STUPID.

And yet, they get customers, and some of their customers come here to talk about them.
Natural selection at work. :cool:

Wow. Felt in my core..........
Don't feel too bad Hog, my first interaction on these boards was asking if I was getting eBay scammed on a Hulk 181 too.

Once people here told me the fine lady who had my money was a known scam artist, they told me the steps on how to get all my money back. And I did. Yay boards!