• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Record for Flash #1 in grade

29 posts in this topic

The page quality on the Swenson auction books were pretty nice.

The page quality is REALLY nice for having been kept under somebody's bed in a box until this year. Does anyone know what city/state these books came from? I think I recall it's somewhere in the Midwest, but I can't remember where.

Looks like the sellers wised up in round 2 and got everything slabbed after selling so much in the raw the first time out...

I was one of eight buyers (supposedly) on the phione. I thought The bidding was pretty aggressive on a number of books. There weren't many on site buying books.

I thought that perhaps I would be able to pick up a few books at a slight discount but alas another theory down the drain.

I was hoping for some good deals, but no luck. Computer problems kept me out of it until lot 40, so I missed the All American 21 and Detective 44. The Hit 1 and National 7 went way out of my range, but I did get the More Fun 57...

Does anybody have a link to the auction catalogue and prices realized? Any idea as to the condition and prices for the AA #21, Hit #1, and National #7? Just wondering if they ended up going for more than guide?

Thanks thumbsup2.gif

ZT, I'm a little curious as to what axe you have to grind with the buyer.

I do not know the buyer and certainly have no axe to grind with him/her.

While Flash Comics #1 is certainly tough in the higher grades, it seems unlikely that the selling price should be 4x that paid of a 5.5 just less than a year ago (also interesting to note that the 5.5 is now off the census, but there is an 8.5 on there now).

I'm not trying to poison the well at all, just posting about a record price paid for a book, and speculating as to why such a price was paid.

Whether it ends up being pressed or not, I am positive that several other books from the auction this weekend will soon be submitted for re-grading.

So take that for what it is worth.

Does anyone know what city/state these books came from?

Wichita, KS.

Not just that but I remember the original article stated that the husband/wife moved several times before going (back?) to Wichita.

I only remember because Atlanta was listed as one of the places they lived.

Thanks for the link. Looks like most of the books went for very resonable prices at around or just slightly higher than guide.

Did notice, however, that the National #7 still went for around double guide. Just an absolutely beautiful classic cover and probably still undervalued in the guide.