• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

What drove tulip buying in Holland in the 1630s? That's the psychology to be looking at.

For recent examples, see Nowhere Men and Revival. And yes, you can say that Nowhere Men was killed by delays, but that doesn't change the fact it was driven by speculation, and therefore very killable.

For the record, I really like all three books! I hope all three see price increases driven by people wanting to own and read the series'.

agreed, the hate was CRAZY in the nowhere thread when the Orange/Blue frenzy was at its peak. Ended up just talking about it in PMs with most people as it got too crazy.

Awesome someone brought up the tulips what a great example.

If the speculators here cant or wont acknowledge manipulation they are kidding themselves.

Id hate to be the guy paying over ebay prices for this book and thinking yeah all make $25 flipping this in a week. The 20s were full of this thinking.

Looks like the fever has broken, no crazy bidding or buying of the LBCC. That guy at $355 is lucky there hasn't been another cgc show up.

There aren't enough cgc copies on ebay for there to be considered a normal ebay price. It's whatever people are willing to spend at the moment.

Edited by krighton

Here's the email he sent me

The covers go for $1000 and the interior art ranges between $300 and $800 depending on the page. I know these prices are high, but I'm not in a hurry to sell and the art is still a little precious to me. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for the inquiry and for supporting the book.

Edited by krighton

I wonder if the buyer could justify the amount he paid for that comic.

its not about justifying, thats done before the buy it button is clicked. It's whether he regrets it later or not that is in debate.

Maybe he used some of the insightful comments in this thread to justify buying it :D

ManifestDestiny.jpg

Who knows ? I do know it is to this point a very good book. People earn money, they determine its value by what they buy with it. I haven't sold a single copy of this and I've promoted it because I thought it was a great long termer. I'm glad to see books doing well again but its no surprise to me. We are less than a week away from the beginning of February. Its almost always good.

Who knows ? I do know it is to this point a very good book. People earn money, they determine its value by what they buy with it. I haven't sold a single copy of this and I've promoted it because I thought it was a great long termer. I'm glad to see books doing well again but its no surprise to me. We are less than a week away from the beginning of February. Its almost always good.

I was not directing that comment at any of the fans of the book, and certainly not anything you said.

That is fully towards the people who espouse the "dont say anything negative about people overpaying for this book, you might cause it to drop" crowd.

I wish ALL comic books great success, and appreciate any and all open debates/discussions. I dont like when people try to squelch/silence opinions. The fans in the thread, and people who like the book, have done none of those things. More power to them.

Don't pay 335+ dollars for the sketch 9.8. that's my opinion. It may be right, it may be wrong, but I am free to make it. The people who have tried to talk it down, or claim its based on some ridiculous envy (lol as if), are the ones i rebut.

Even for people who think I am a fool and dont know what I am talking about, cant claim I am saying what I am saying for any personal gain. I always express my thoughts with the intent and interest of seeking truth, and to try and protect/help less experienced people from overpaying for books.

Edited by CBT

I was not directing that comment at any of the fans of the book, and certainly not anything you said.

That is fully towards the people who espouse the "dont say anything negative about people overpaying for this book, you might cause it to drop" crowd.

I wish ALL comic books great success, and appreciate any and all open debates/discussions. I dont like when people try to squelch/silence opinions. The fans in the thread, and people who like the book, have done none of those things. More power to them.

Don't pay 335+ dollars for the sketch 9.8. that's my opinion. It may be right, it may be wrong, but I am free to make it. The people who have tried to talk it down, or claim its based on some ridiculous envy (lol as if), are the ones i rebut.

Even for people who think I am a fool and dont know what I am talking about, cant claim I am saying what I am saying for any personal gain. I always express my thoughts with the intent and interest of seeking truth, and to try and protect/help less experienced people from overpaying for books.

I know you're a straight shooter. I almost said the same thing you did in reference to the prices when this book first took off and I had to stop myself. Last year, I thought the East of West RRP was too high at $100-$125 and skipped it even though I loved the book. I have regretted it since. That caused me to back out of my original thoughts on this one. I thought to myself, "what if this is as big as the Saga or the EoW RRP in demand ? ", ( I'm not suggesting that it is or isn't) which caused me to think of how many times I didn't jump in on something like this.

I have no idea what this book will do or I would have bought more or less of them. lol

Edited by The Authority

Haha.

I'm the buyer of that particular book.

I can guarantee I will not regret it later. I've burned more than $125 in my life.

I'm a buyer/collector. I (hardly) ever sell, so I definitely didn't purchase this thinking I'm gonna turn a mean profit. I just wanted the book.

I almost pulled the trigger on the $200 LBCC, but to be perfectly honest, I'm waiting on a 9.8 Yellow. That's the only reason I didn't buy it.

I remember buying a Phantom Variant Bedlam #1 for $80.

I don't regret it. I like the book.

Just remember, when it comes to comics, sometimes people just buy a book because they want to own it, with no ulterior motives.

I may be an anomaly, though. Who knows...?

Now someone get me a LBCC SS please! Ha

Haha.

I'm the buyer of that particular book.

I can guarantee I will not regret it later. I've burned more than $125 in my life.

I'm a buyer/collector. I (hardly) ever sell, so I definitely didn't purchase this thinking I'm gonna turn a mean profit. I just wanted the book.

I almost pulled the trigger on the $200 LBCC, but to be perfectly honest, I'm waiting on a 9.8 Yellow. That's the only reason I didn't buy it.

I remember buying a Phantom Variant Bedlam #1 for $80.

I don't regret it. I like the book.

Just remember, when it comes to comics, sometimes people just buy a book because they want to own it, with no ulterior motives.

I may be an anomaly, though. Who knows...?

Now someone get me a LBCC SS please! Ha

Awesome....I was being a touch sarcastic....congrats.....that blows a few theories wide open

Edited by krighton