• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

Please note, I never used the term "slow witted," and would not use that term, to describe anyone here.

Please, let's keep the hyperbole to a minimum? Let's not try to make it look like I am demeaning to anyone.

If that was not your intent, I apologise in advance.

-slym

:foryou: I didn't take it that way Slym,I think 500club was just calling out the jab, that's all. it's all just fun banter to me,way better than watching tv (ie Agents of Spoon lol ) It's more entertaining when we all have opinions right? I think we can all agree that we want to see MD be successful, no matter what. That's what matters!

Please note, I never used the term "slow witted," and would not use that term, to describe anyone here.

Please, let's keep the hyperbole to a minimum? Let's not try to make it look like I am demeaning to anyone.

:foryou: I didn't take it that way Slym,I think 500club was just calling out the jab, that's all. it's all just fun banter to me,way better than watching tv (ie Agents of Spoon lol ) It's more entertaining when we all have opinions right? I think we can all agree that we want to see MD be successful, no matter what. That's what matters!

+1

:applause:

-slym

It was a jab only to the people who believe that "speculator-driven speculation" and nothing else is what drives this book. If, like jaybes, you are of that opinion but are willing to be proven wrong, then there was no jab to you.

I don't know what drives this book. I can't say for certainty. I think no one really can, but it doesn't stop some.

I am hoping it is readers only and not speculators, but my hope does not at all have to be connected to reality.

:)

-slym

I'm like jaybes on this one. I think its both. With that said, the story is very good and so is the art. I can't wait to read #4. This book along with a lot of recent Image stuff is top notch and I would have been more surprised if there wasn't high demand on the secondary market.

It was a jab only to the people who believe that "speculator-driven speculation" and nothing else is what drives this book. If, like jaybes, you are of that opinion but are willing to be proven wrong, then there was no jab to you.

I think that most of the posters here would offer that it's never only speculation that drives these books. Usually the trigger is quality, which starts the cycle. What suggests speculation is sudden spikes in price, especially early in a book's life. That's not consistent with accumulation of readership, which usually happens over a longer term.

My opinion is that this is mostly speculation, but, as with all my opinions, I may well be wrong. I'm used to arguing stock market positions, where being proven wrong, or just flat out pantsed, is par for the course, even with a well thought out thesis.

-slym

Yeah, no hyperbole intended, and I was actually figuring I'd missed your point. :grin:

I don't know what drives this book. I can't say for certainty. I think no one really can, but it doesn't stop some.

I am hoping it is readers only and not speculators, but my hope does not at all have to be connected to reality.

-slym

I'm like jaybes on this one. I think its both. With that said, the story is very good and so is the art. I can't wait to read #4. This book along with a lot of recent Image stuff is top notch and I would have been more surprised if there wasn't high demand on the secondary market.

Don't be. :cry:

This board is very astute at unearthing and spotlighting great new series, but the general market doesn't seem to be so. If it were, we'd still be getting monthly Think Tank.

-slym

Don't be. :cry:

This board is very astute at unearthing and spotlighting great new series, but the general market doesn't seem to be so. If it were, we'd still be getting monthly Think Tank.

Good point (thumbs u

It was a jab only to the people who believe that "speculator-driven speculation" and nothing else is what drives this book.

-slym

I have been reading this thread for the last 3 dozen pages or so, and havent seen anyone say that.

Just people questioning whether a book popping from $150 to $350 without a cause was legit or not.

Heads up Champaroos...

MANIFEST DESTINY #4

IMAGE COMICS

(W) Chris Dingess (A) Matthew Roberts (CA) Matthew Roberts, Owen Gieni

Surrounded by buffalotaur and fighting for survival, what Lewis and Clark need most is a monster killer. And her name is Sacagawea.

Is shipping out of print.

Demand will be > supply.