• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

I just did a quick ebay count. I was surprised by how few #1s are available overall. There are currently 35 1st print regular covers and 9 Ottley variants. There are currently 5 LBCC covers available. I would have thought there were more. People are scooping them up.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Manifest+destiny+1+-x+-wolverine+-Otto+-space+-marvel+-xmen+-carbongrey&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

I might say 2 to 1

Based on what has been already discussed here in the past month regarding the last minute solicitation for the Ottley, i would say no way on the ratio being 2:1. I would say 4:1 at best.

New title with a relative unknown creative team, late in the year release( peeps saving/spending dough for Xmas instead of maybe trying a new book), ANOTHER IMAGE VARIANT?

Purely speculation, but I doubt the majority of retailers even ordered the Ottley.

Edited by SharpComics.com

I really wish we had some way to know the ratio of Ottleys to the regular cover.

Heard from the guys at Skybound during LBCC that it was less than 2,500 for the Ottley Variant. Because of the short lead time for ordering.

Nice.

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

I really wish we had some way to know the ratio of Ottleys to the regular cover.

Heard from the guys at Skybound during LBCC that it was less than 2,500 for the Ottley Variant. Because of the short lead time for ordering.

I would LOVE to confirm this, if so I am holding on to my last four 9.8s

So would it be from low to high.

1 LBCC

2 Image Expo

3 Ottley

4 Regular cover

1. 250 copies

2. ????

3. 2500 (estimated)

4. 14800 (estimated)

Pretty low all the way around for a good book. The LBCC seems to be bringing more raw than the EOW RRP which is staggering to me while CGC 9.8s are reversed so far. The Ottleys are bringing roughly the same raw as the EOW Forbidden Planets but in CGC 9.8 the Ottleys are killing it.

This series has definitely opened my eyes and changed my expectations.

Edited by The Authority

I could have sworn that when midtown comics had these on the rack, they had them 1:1 with the regular cover. I grabbed one of the regular covers liking it more than the variant. The bunker was also on the rack on a 1:1 ratio at midtown comics, sometimes its hard to tell there variant, let alone short printed.

I don't remember the ratio here. I do remember that both this and the Bunker sold out the variants on Midtowncomics.com before the regular covers and in the case of Manifest Destiny there was a lot of time in between the sale out.

Edited by The Authority

They sellout online before they sell out in-store. The manifest destiny, at least the regular cover was on the rack for what appeared to be weeks. I don't think they put out all the stock at once for their heavily ordered books, because the following week you'll see even more stock then they had of a particular book the week before.

people where saying the bunker variant was sold out at midtown, but a full week later they still had the variant and still at a 1:1 ratio to the regular. If I hadn't started reading the modern comics subforum I wouldn't have known the variant was a short print.