• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

2014>2013 hm

This is a 2013 book but I hope you're right. I thought 2013>2012 so I'm being greedy and hoping for 1 more. :wishluck:

Yeah, I meant aftermarket not quality, 2013 produced several quality books, many overlooked by the secondary market. I believe people were pretty burned after the first quarters gains flamed out and the bubble burst.

Sorry if it seems like I'm laying it on a bit thick with the OA, but there needs to be a reason that people want to believe in the future success of this book (speculators or actual readers pushing it onto more readers) ...well, if the art doesn't convince you, I don't know what will. [My apologies for the night-time exposures. Will fix this weekend]

How good is this horse? Seriously.

IMG_5372_zpsf5abb26e.jpg

IMG_5375_zps2911f552.jpg

Edited by Sideshow Bob

Guys I just want to caution you on Sideshow Bob's constant talking of horses in this thread.

While horses may be liked by some, this could just be a scheme to artificially increase the popularity of horses and I would be hesitant to suddenly start seeing horses as this great.

As you can see from the panels... they are only showing one side of the horse. We never get to see the other side.. I wonder why. Something is suspicious.

I'm simply stating facts here. Just want everyone to be weary.

Just nice to see the little things done right.

MD has given us some serious flora (even the vomiting kind) and assorted fauna: buffalotaurs (living and now dead), storks (living and very quickly dead), and horses (knock on wood, only living so far). Matt Roberts is delivering some serious variety.

Guys I just want to caution you on Sideshow Bob's constant talking of horses in this thread.

While horses may be liked by some, this could just be a scheme to artificially increase the popularity of horses and I would be hesitant to suddenly start seeing horses as this great.

As you can see from the panels... they are only showing one side of the horse. We never get to see the other side.. I wonder why. Something is suspicious.

I'm simply stating facts here. Just want everyone to be weary.

Yeah guys, disregard my Cgc 9.8 Horse that I have up on the eBay. It was extremely hard to get 9.8 so stop paying attention to my horse slab. Please, just stop looking at it. Stop talking about it. Leave my Horse Slab alone.

Sorry if it seems like I'm laying it on a bit thick with the OA, but there needs to be a reason that people want to believe in the future success of this book (speculators or actual readers pushing it onto more readers) ...well, if the art doesn't convince you, I don't know what will. [My apologies for the night-time exposures. Will fix this weekend]

How good is this horse? Seriously.

good stuff Bob. This book has everything going for it...regardless of value/hype. I am hoping the story continues to be as compelling as the art.

Yes there is speculation on this book. There is speculation on nearly every new independent book. No debate there.

But, as relating to the person who bought all of a shop's copies of a 4th printing, if no one wants a 4th printing, then he can't sell them no matter how high he shills auctions for them.

Similar to the original printings: if they were all bought by speculators or hoarders, and the story sucked, or no one cared, those buyers would be stuck with unsold stock. However, that does not appear to be the case.

Yes there is speculation on this book. There is speculation on nearly every new independent book. No debate there.

But, as relating to the person who bought all of a shop's copies of a 4th printing, if no one wants a 4th printing, then he can't sell them no matter how high he shills auctions for them.

Similar to the original printings: if they were all bought by speculators or hoarders, and the story sucked, or no one cared, those buyers would be stuck with unsold stock. However, that does not appear to be the case.

no one has claimed any of the things you are posing counter arguments too...

all the fuss was over whether a person is allowed to question if an auction might be tainted, some people feel that should be stopped at all costs, others favor free speech.

What reasons they have for their positions....only they can say.

all the fuss was over whether a person is allowed to question if an auction might be tainted, some people feel that should be stopped at all costs, others favor free speech.

I do find it amusing all the hoarding talk yet no admittance that the inflated prices may be due to speculation lol

Went to my LCS and was told that 1 guy bought all 4 copies of their #1 4th print...I'm far from convinced the recent heat is solely due to this being such a good read.I think people know the print runs are small so they are loading up. Again, just my opinion.

I do find it amusing all the hoarding talk yet no admittance that the inflated prices may be due to speculation lol

Went to my LCS and was told that 1 guy bought all 4 copies of their #1 4th print...I'm far from convinced the recent heat is solely due to this being such a good read.I think people know the print runs are small so they are loading up. Again, just my opinion.

Your point?

I think the price hike is fueled by speculation. CBT has been talking about possible shilling. Different subjects.