• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

sometimes some sales may look like shills but they're not. A couple of weeks ago I was bidding up a book one bid at a time without putting in a maximum bid. I was bidding it up against someone who had put up a high max bid. Anyways, to shorten the story, he must of thought I was a shill and at the conclusion of the auction, he cancelled his bid. I got a second offer and thinking he was the shill I refused the second chance offer. It subsequently sold for more than either he or I were willing to pay. HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

can't wait for the tpb already, haven't read any of the issues yet.

I really love the cover for the TPB.

Glad they didn't recycle a cover for it.

Pic????

ManifestDestiny_V1.jpg

Gracias. I tried searching but I couldn't find it.

sometimes some sales may look like shills but they're not. A couple of weeks ago I was bidding up a book one bid at a time without putting in a maximum bid. I was bidding it up against someone who had put up a high max bid. Anyways, to shorten the story, he must of thought I was a shill and at the conclusion of the auction, he cancelled his bid. I got a second offer and thinking he was the shill I refused the second chance offer. It subsequently sold for more than either he or I were willing to pay. HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

or it was exactly what you thought and you were right, but now the market has been moved and his mission accomplished...

or it was exactly what you thought and you were right, but now the market has been moved and his mission accomplished...

)

I knew you'd show up eventually once people started talking about auctions again -- and not even MD auctions. Yet my previous questions go unanswered.

:taptaptap:

You seem to have painted yourself into a very accommodating corner with your "trending" analysis.

Say an auction ends at a high price; pick one of the following:

a. If there is bidding activity that does not meet with CBT's standards, the auction is shilled and should be discounted as fake.

b. If there is no bidding activity for CBT to call out, point back to a sale in the first days of February where a shill increased an auction by $5 -- a total increase of 1.4% over the last real bid -- and say this sale artificially increased prices.

How long is the "Best By" date on this auction and his influence on current prices? Three months? Six? A year? As long as you want?

After choosing a or b (or sometimes both, oddly enough), call oneself a hero, and then receive anonymous congratulations via PM.

)

I love that post-game interview. Can watch it over and over. During the broadcast, Charles Barkley showed up at half-time with the Bears down by 20 and Barkley predicts the Bears would win over the Cardinals. Something like, "doesn't matter if you are up by 10 or 20 or 35, you cannot beat this team!" Go Bears!