• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

let's hope the increase is not mostly made up of speculators, but of readers too.

Why would speculators buy in quantity of the #5 issue?

why did they do it with panzerfaust?

let's hope the increase is not mostly made up of speculators, but of readers too.

Because each issue seemingly sells for above cover after a while. (shrug)

That weird thing called a first appearance.

They also had a variant cover based on order numbers as well.

as in tricked into buying instead of selling as you have been?

Can you guys take this to your messages? Really irritating having to read your insults of each other. There is nothing wrong with selling or flipping or buying.

as in tricked into buying instead of selling as you have been?

Can you guys take this to your messages? Really irritating having to read your insults of each other. There is nothing wrong with selling or flipping or buying.

:popcorn:

-slym

I'm not sure a conclusion can be drawn, yet. LCS's response to issues selling out is to bump their orders, and there are 4s and 5s on the racks in my area.

I'm still in the camp that this book has become the pie in the spec's eyes, but I don't think they are buying 5 in big numbers. Guys may be buying an extra copy or two to match up with sets, though.

We'll see how it goes at the spring shows. I knew Saga, MP, and ToT were drawing in readers when the earlier issues were being asked for and sold to run builders.

I'm not sure a conclusion can be drawn, yet. LCS's response to issues selling out is to bump their orders, and there are 4s and 5s on the racks in my area.

I'm still in the camp that this book has become the pie in the spec's eyes, but I don't think they are buying 5 in big numbers. Guys may be buying an extra copy or two to match up with sets, though.

We'll see how it goes at the spring shows. I knew Saga, MP, and ToT were drawing in readers when the earlier issues were being asked for and sold to run builders.

My LCS `s. :

# 3 disappeared

#4 sat for a bit but got bought up

#5 still a stack on the shelf

(thumbs u

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

(thumbs u

nope, that weird thing called hype on 8 and 9, which were already sold out and the speculators couldnt drive up the print run on.

I can understand how people can try and look back and come up with stories, etc. However, in this case, you are wrong, and as always, if jimmy is thumbs up'ing you....well.....book it, that's a Chris Farley, stamp the box guarantee of incorrectness ;)

Edited by CBT

"thats why Peter Panzerfaust has such high print runs for issues 9 and 10, because of the speculators"

Shows Chart

"Actually issue #9 was the introduction of a new character and #10, the highest printed issue Peter Panzerfaust had a rob guillory variant and a C2E2 variant that are included in those numbers, therefore negating your point, and makes your chart reinforce my point"

"NO YOU"RE WRONG, YOU"RE ALWAYS WRONG, I AM RIGHT FOREVER!"

Did I get the coles notes right on that one or did I "Chris Farley" it up?

Did I get the coles notes right on that one or did I "Chris Farley" it up?

Yes, of course you did.

"thats why Peter Panzerfaust has such high print runs for issues 9 and 10, because of the speculators"

It's 10 and 11, not 9 & 10, that are the two big data points there.

"Actually issue #9 was the introduction of a new character

There are lots of new character introductions. Nine couldnt spike more, because the mania started on this board, by several things, (including number 8 being supposedly "hard in 9.8", not that anyone posting in this thread participated in talking up 8 and 9 lol , *cough* ), happened too late in the order cycle.

Because for a time, people were making tons of money pump/dump 'ing 8, and the 3-7 CGC books, the horde descended on mass to pre-order the heck out of PP. Once they realized they couldnt make any money, the sales went back down.

and #10, the highest printed issue Peter Panzerfaust had a rob guillory variant and a C2E2 variant that are included in those numbers, therefore negating your point, and makes your chart reinforce my point"

11 is the highest PP issue by print run, and you have no idea what numbers I am using, where they come from, or what is or isnt included in them. But, do tell me more. :popcorn:

The Jimmy guarantee, he's got TIME.

Edited by CBT