• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

It seems like Midtown Comics have more 1st prints in their store.

I got 10 copies of #1A off DCBS last week for $1.49 each.

Nine of them arrived NM.

My first and last order with DCBS was this book. They failed to honor the order but failed to mention this when I made my purchase. lol I waited a couple of weeks to send them an email because I didn't want emotions involved. I received an email that told me, sorry but we have been in business 15 years and we have lots of customers. What ?

They went on to explain that I would have better luck if I pre-ordered instead of buying books in stock. I've heard about people getting their pre-orders cut by this company so thanks but no thanks. lol

Never and mean NEVER again for me. I would fire the person responding had they worked for me but I don't have snide people working for me. Customer service matters if you want my money. Go Midtown ! (thumbs u

It seems like Midtown Comics have more 1st prints in their store.

I got 10 copies of #1A off DCBS last week for $1.49 each.

Nine of them arrived NM.

nice score.. can get $10 each for them now

True. I probably should have pulled the trigger on more, but honestly didn't think they'd be able to fill my order of 10. Fully expected an email saying that they were out of stock.

Manifest Destiny is really riding a wave and here it is.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=manifest+destiny+1+-x&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xmanifest+destiny+1+-x+-wolverine&_nkw=manifest+destiny+1+-x+-wolverine&_sacat=63

The LBCC #1 is pushing over $120 raw

A pair of #1s was going for over $25 yesterday.

It is all very impressive to me.

btw, you should give DCBS another shot...I know you got burned but they're pretty much the best for people to order who don't have the option to order from Diamond..

the one #1 cover A that sold for 4.99, the description graded it VF with chips on the spine.

I'm thinking the Ottley is a pretty low portion of the print run, we should have seen a flood of those for sale by now (unless they're all off being graded).

Edited by krighton

Manifest Destiny is really riding a wave and here it is.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=manifest+destiny+1+-x&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xmanifest+destiny+1+-x+-wolverine&_nkw=manifest+destiny+1+-x+-wolverine&_sacat=63

The LBCC #1 is pushing over $120 raw

A pair of #1s was going for over $25 yesterday.

It is all very impressive to me.

I'm not seeing it today though, looks like eBay is flooded with #1s right now. Congrats to those who hit quick, but I can't see this lasting too long. Someone is selling 3-packs of #1s right now, tons of them, and there doesn't seem to be much action. I think the wave of success is crashing quick.

wouldn't say flooded, some guy posted 3 lots of Cover A 3 copies each lot. Still not many Ottley or LBCC. Here's one of the lots with 3 8 bids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANIFEST-DESTINY-1-Reg-cover-1st-print-NM-NM-Image-3-comic-lot-1-/281251257492?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417be19c94

Edited by krighton

btw, you should give DCBS another shot...I know you got burned but they're pretty much the best for people to order who don't have the option to order from Diamond..

the one #1 cover A that sold for 4.99, the description graded it VF with chips on the spine.

I'm thinking the Ottley is a pretty low portion of the print run, we should have seen a flood of those for sale by now (unless they're all off being graded).

That was my cover A that sold for 4.99. A great looking copy just two little chips out of the spine.