• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

OK,

Is Pietro really dead or do they send him to Tahiti like they did Coulson?

I don't buy that he's dead either. He has such a rich history with the Inhumans on the page it would be wrong to lose him right at the dawning of the Inhumans in the MCU. But who knows?

He's is definitely dead. The most likely reason they killed him specifically is because Fox was already using him and it works as a good plot device. They can assert their right to use him, have it as a motivating factor for Wanda, and get rid of him without leaving fans to confused over the same character in both movies.

However, given that it is HIGHLY likely that both Captain America and Thor die in their respective upcoming movies and are resurrected via the infinity gauntlet, I think its very possible Pietro will be restored during the Infinity War as well.

I think the 'tissue regeneration' machine that they used on Hawkeye in the beginning of the movie will come in to play with Quicksilver...

I took a weekend off of doing an ungodly amount of yard work & saw it with 3 different people. It was my treat to myself each time for getting as much work done around the house as I have so far this spring. Plus, NO KIDS or wife. Just dogs & roommates.

Ahh...ok. And you've already started your yardwork. That's what I did all day yesterday.

Exactly. Went with my brother thursday, took the girlfriend Friday, and hit it up with the roomies again on Saturday afternoon after they did FCBD stuff

Oh don't get me wrong, I think RDJ is probably the reason the MCU has actually taken off. His first Ironman was awesome, plus he managed to make Avengers kool on his charisma alone.

This time though, it was lacking, and his age did show. The scenes with him Ruffalo and Renner really made them all look very jowly. There's a tipping point with looking young as a guy, you can look pretty much exactly the same for about 25 years and then boom,you're old. Happens to everyone.

Renner hit that in the last Bourne film, RDJ hit it right in this film. Plus I can't see Ruffalo as the Hulk again unless he trims down, the 17 year age gap between him and SJ was very evident. In fact the whole 'romance' between them was probably the biggest misstep in the whole movie.

Next Avengers should be, Cap, Vision, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Antman and maybe Spidey. Least that'd bring the average age around early 30s rather than 50s.

Oh and I totes agree they're teased Thanos too long, another misstep.

Saw it again for the second time yesterday - even better than the first time. The wife loved it as well.

As for the actors being 'too old' lol

doh!

So, to be clear, you reject outright the too old theory, eh? :busy:

Saw it again for the second time yesterday - even better than the first time. The wife loved it as well.

doh!

High Definition.

You'd never know if not for...

Oh don't get me wrong, I think RDJ is probably the reason the MCU has actually taken off. His first Ironman was awesome, plus he managed to make Avengers kool on his charisma alone.

This time though, it was lacking, and his age did show. The scenes with him Ruffalo and Renner really made them all look very jowly. There's a tipping point with looking young as a guy, you can look pretty much exactly the same for about 25 years and then boom,you're old. Happens to everyone.

Renner hit that in the last Bourne film, RDJ hit it right in this film. Plus I can't see Ruffalo as the Hulk again unless he trims down, the 17 year age gap between him and SJ was very evident. In fact the whole 'romance' between them was probably the biggest misstep in the whole movie.

Next Avengers should be, Cap, Vision, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Antman and maybe Spidey. Least that'd bring the average age around early 30s rather than 50s.

Oh and I totes agree they're teased Thanos too long, another misstep.

The movie can only be so long. There were definitely some missteps but not enough to make me not like the movie.

As for the age discussion, I don't see a problem with it. Kids love these characters and I don't think anyone of them looks too old to play the part. YET

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me

where the enormous vibranium core went when everything was hitting the water at the end? Also the whole Wading Pool of Dreams or whatever was pretty lame...need some splanin' on that one too.

doh!

How old do you want them to be?

Can somebody PLEASE explain to me

where the enormous vibranium core went when everything was hitting the water at the end? Also the whole Wading Pool of Dreams or whatever was pretty lame...need some splanin' on that one too.

Future movies.

doh!

How old do you want them to be?

I can't be responsible for casting this movie. I have enough to do with ridiculing the bad choices others get paid well to make on my behalf.

Chris Evans was who I originally had doubts about. As I recall, I was particularly irritated by his young age. Now he's my favorite of the cast.

I also like Vision.

It makes sense for Banner & Stark to be middle age. I just dislike both actors.

Same for Fury.

Widow? She should be in DD, played by a different actress.

The Hawkeye guy? lol lol lol

There's a tipping point with looking young as a guy, you can look pretty much exactly the same for about 25 years and then boom,you're old. Happens to everyone.

Ask George Clooney aboput this. lol

Enlighten me on the Thanos misstep.

Clooney's a great looking guy.

A great looking old guy.

Thanos was teased in the first film, then he's teased again in this one.

Now the target demographic for these films are fundamentally teen boys. My youngest nephew loved the first Avengers and asked me who the guy was after the credits - he was excited to see him in the next film, but he wasn't there - when I spoke to him after he saw this one he compared it to Ironman 3 as they were just fighting a load of robots... Again.

So I tell him that Thanos will show up in the next Avengers... Probably.

His reply - oh I won't care by then.

He jus moved out of the target demographic.

So yeah - misstep.

There's a tipping point with looking young as a guy, you can look pretty much exactly the same for about 25 years and then boom,you're old. Happens to everyone.

Ask George Clooney aboput this. lol

Enlighten me on the Thanos misstep.

Clooney's a great looking guy.

A great looking old guy.

Thanos was teased in the first film, then he's teased again in this one.

Now the target demographic for these films are fundamentally teen boys. My youngest nephew loved the first Avengers and asked me who the guy was after the credits - he was excited to see him in the next film, but he wasn't there - when I spoke to him after he saw this one he compared it to Ironman 3 as they were just fighting a load of robots... Again.

So I tell him that Thanos will show up in the next Avengers... Probably.

His reply - oh I won't care by then.

He jus moved out of the target demographic.

So yeah - misstep.

Considering the age range of the audiences when I have seen both movies, twice each in the cinema, I would disagree.