• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

What I learned today: Samuel L Jackson is 66... Damn he aged well. I think Black people just age well in general though.

thats-racist.gif

There's a tipping point with looking young as a guy, you can look pretty much exactly the same for about 25 years and then boom,you're old. Happens to everyone.

Ask George Clooney aboput this. lol

Enlighten me on the Thanos misstep.

Clooney's a great looking guy.

A great looking old guy.

Thanos was teased in the first film, then he's teased again in this one.

Now the target demographic for these films are fundamentally teen boys. My youngest nephew loved the first Avengers and asked me who the guy was after the credits - he was excited to see him in the next film, but he wasn't there - when I spoke to him after he saw this one he compared it to Ironman 3 as they were just fighting a load of robots... Again.

So I tell him that Thanos will show up in the next Avengers... Probably.

His reply - oh I won't care by then.

He jus moved out of the target demographic.

So yeah - misstep.

I like how each time you reply to the thread you find something else you didn't like about the movie.

Honestly, the Thanos end scenes are for people in the know. The kids will care when he steps up front and center. GotG was basically a Thanos film. He's in three scenes, the characters are constantly talking about him, and his "offspring" dominate the screen. Basically, the teasing is done.

Now the target demographic for these films are fundamentally teen boys.

As far as the audience breakdown for the first Avengers film. It was 50% over 25, 50% under 25; 60% male, 40% female; 55% couples, 24% family, 21% teens.

Note that is 21% of teens combining male and female. If the 40% female is applied then app. 12% were teen boys. If only 20% female is applied then 16% were teen boys.

So you are saying that after seeing these results from the first Avengers movie, the studios were targeting the 12-16% teen boy market for Age of Ultron? I'd love to see some substantiation of that.

What I learned today: Samuel L Jackson is 66... Damn he aged well. I think Black people just age well in general though.

thats-racist.gif

Saying black people age well is racist? (shrug)

Probably as racist as feeling the need to use a black person to say "That's Racist". (shrug)

Loved this movie. Vision my favorite character again dang I wish i had Avengers 57

thats-racist.gif

lol

Saying any group , as a group , is anything is going to come off wrong.

The world is made up of individuals. Blanket stereotypes rob people of their due as an individual.

From experience , however, stating "x" group is anything as general rule is going to come off as ignorant.

And in other news not all Greeks own restaurants, not all Italians fix cars or are plumbers, not all Irishmen drink to excess and love potatoes. lol

OK,

Is Pietro really dead or do they send him to Tahiti like they did Coulson?

I don't buy that he's dead either. He has such a rich history with the Inhumans on the page it would be wrong to lose him right at the dawning of the Inhumans in the MCU. But who knows?

He's is definitely dead. The most likely reason they killed him specifically is because Fox was already using him and it works as a good plot device. They can assert their right to use him, have it as a motivating factor for Wanda, and get rid of him without leaving fans to confused over the same character in both movies.

However, given that it is HIGHLY likely that both Captain America and Thor die in their respective upcoming movies and are resurrected via the infinity gauntlet, I think its very possible Pietro will be restored during the Infinity War as well.

I think the 'tissue regeneration' machine that they used on Hawkeye in the beginning of the movie will come in to play with Quicksilver...

I was under the impression that Wanda and Pietro were part of Strucker's experiments with the Terrigen Mists from AoS on TV. Last week's episode had Coulson giving Maria Hill the location of Strucker that lead right into the movie this weekend. Maybe the Inhuman enclave has a healer on hand in the show hm

I loved the idea that High Evolutionary would snag Pietro. Made me laugh :D

thats-racist.gif

lol

The world is made up of individuals. Blanket stereotypes rob people of their due as an individual.

From experience , however, stating "x" group is anything as general rule is going to come off as ignorant.

And in other news not all Greeks own restaurants, not all Italians fix cars or are plumbers, not all Irishmen drink to excess and love potatoes. lol

I call bull- :censored:

I thought everyone's age fit the characters age very well. Bruce Banner was never shown as a spring chicken and Tony Stark was definetely not in his 20s in the comics. Even Nick Fury matched up well with Jackson since they both are getting up there in age.

I thought everyone's age fit the characters age very well. Bruce Banner was never shown as a spring chicken and Tony Stark was definetely not in his 20s in the comics. Even Nick Fury matched up well with Jackson since they both are getting up there in age.

I like the mature characters as well.

Better than characters barely past the skid marks and acne pads stage. :cool:

thats-racist.gif

lol

I do! (shrug)

I wonder how Ultron built all those Ultrons in such a short amount of time?????? Also I know Pietro is fast but does that mean his knuckles wont split when he strikes solid steel? And why didn't he just pick up some debris to block the bullets? By his time frame he had like a week to accomplish this. Also Ultrons are like ninjas-no amount of them can ever defeat anyone.....

thats-racist.gif

No way! Black don't crack, that's why I still get carded :acclaim:

I've seen it twice already, each time I like the Vision even more. At first I didn't like that Hawkeye had a family, but later I realized it gave the character way more depth which was great.

My thought was that Pietro will come back in Infinity war too.

Did anyone catch the Jacosta Easter egg? When Stark is uploading his girl F.R.I.D.A.Y, there is one he passes over with her name written on it.

thats-racist.gif

lol

I do!

Where in Ireland are you from?

Chris Evans was who I originally had doubts about. As I recall, I was particularly irritated by his young age. Now he's my favorite of the cast.

I also like Vision.

Evans has really grown into the role and I thought he was excellent in The Winter Soldier, however in AoU I thought he just phoned it in.

There's a tipping point with looking young as a guy, you can look pretty much exactly the same for about 25 years and then boom,you're old. Happens to everyone.

Ask George Clooney aboput this. lol

Enlighten me on the Thanos misstep.

Clooney's a great looking guy.

A great looking old guy.

Thanos was teased in the first film, then he's teased again in this one.

Now the target demographic for these films are fundamentally teen boys. My youngest nephew loved the first Avengers and asked me who the guy was after the credits - he was excited to see him in the next film, but he wasn't there - when I spoke to him after he saw this one he compared it to Ironman 3 as they were just fighting a load of robots... Again.

So I tell him that Thanos will show up in the next Avengers... Probably.

His reply - oh I won't care by then.

He jus moved out of the target demographic.

So yeah - misstep.

I like how each time you reply to the thread you find something else you didn't like about the movie.

I was waiting for most people to watch it before i went into specifics. Plus my nephew didn't see it until the weekend.

Oh and its possible to like a movie and it not be any good, just like its possible to not like a 'good' movie.

For instance I thought Boyhood was awful and walked out after an hour, yet that has 100% on RT. As with everything YMMV.

AoU is totes worth going to see, its just not very good, its an okay superhero film, sure its not craptacular like Spiderman 3 or Ironman 2 or 3. Its just another installment in the MCU roadmap with an aging cast and an incoherent plot about hitting robots until they stop moving.