• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

There's a tipping point with looking young as a guy, you can look pretty much exactly the same for about 25 years and then boom,you're old. Happens to everyone.

Ask George Clooney aboput this. lol

Enlighten me on the Thanos misstep.

Clooney's a great looking guy.

A great looking old guy.

Thanos was teased in the first film, then he's teased again in this one.

Now the target demographic for these films are fundamentally teen boys. My youngest nephew loved the first Avengers and asked me who the guy was after the credits - he was excited to see him in the next film, but he wasn't there - when I spoke to him after he saw this one he compared it to Ironman 3 as they were just fighting a load of robots... Again.

So I tell him that Thanos will show up in the next Avengers... Probably.

His reply - oh I won't care by then.

He jus moved out of the target demographic.

So yeah - misstep.

I like how each time you reply to the thread you find something else you didn't like about the movie.

I was waiting for most people to watch it before i went into specifics. Plus my nephew didn't see it until the weekend.

Oh and its possible to like a movie and it not be any good, just like its possible to not like a 'good' movie.

For instance I thought Boyhood was awful and walked out after an hour, yet that has 100% on RT. As with everything YMMV.

AoU is totes worth going to see, its just not very good, its an okay superhero film, sure its not craptacular like Spiderman 3 or Ironman 2 or 3. Its just another installment in the MCU roadmap with an aging cast and an incoherent plot about hitting robots until they stop moving.

Don't worry, in ten years, Marvel will reboot the whole MCU and the target audience will be younger then you, as will the actors. Let us know what you think when that happens.

anyone think they introduce Death for the infinity storyline?

Death? If she's an integral part of the original story, they'll probably change it. Might be too sexist to have her. Maybe she can be a cute little dog.

Don't worry, in ten years, Marvel will reboot the whole MCU and the target audience will be younger then you, as will the actors. Let us know what you think when that happens.

Ever since Ultimate Spider-Man came out, I figured it was 5 years between flushes.

Watched it this past weekend in IMAX 3D. Caught the 10pm show. Loved the action. Think cutting out 40mins from director's version hurt the story. Looking forward to the Blu-ray with the stuff that was cut back in it. I will see it again in the theater just because there was so much going on. Maybe not a homerun as presented, but definitely a triple. Hard to complain when I am seeing my childhood Superheroes appear in quality live action on both the big and small screens. Great time to be alive.

anyone think they introduce Death for the infinity storyline?

Death? If she's an integral part of the original story, they'll probably change it. Might be too sexist to have her. Maybe she can be a cute little dog.

She'll be in there. There's got to be a reason Thanos does what he does, right?

I think it was also signaled by Vision's mention of being a lover of Life. It sets him up in both the Warlock role & hints at his opposition to Thanos & his worship of Death.

I believe the alien dude says to go against the Avengers is "to court Death.", and that is when he turns and smiles.

I saw this on Friday. It definitely didn't blow my socks off, but they nailed the Vision, and Hulk just cracks me up, especially when he is out of bad guys, and just starts walking around smashing random stuff, haha.

What I learned today: Samuel L Jackson is 66... Damn he aged well. I think Black people just age well in general though.

thats-racist.gif

Saying black people age well is racist? (shrug)

lol

Saying any group , as a group , is anything is going to come off wrong.

The world is made up of individuals. Blanket stereotypes rob people of their due as an individual.

From experience , however, stating "x" group is anything as general rule is going to come off as ignorant.

And in other news not all Greeks own restaurants, not all Italians fix cars or are plumbers, not all Irishmen drink to excess and love potatoes. lol

I call bull- :censored:

I do!

Where in Ireland are you from?

Racism: "Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior."

Generalizing a race can be an error, but it is not automatically racist. There can also be TRUE generalizations that are valid, but our hyper fearful PC culture has made it socially unacceptable for people to even mention a race.

Ultimately the core thing that makes something Racist is hate/prejudice. If he thinks black people age well, he may be right, he may be ignorant, but it wasnt racism and it wasnt said with hate or prejudice.

Speaking of Marvel characters whose actors dont look their age, I can't believe Melinda May from Agents of Shield, (Ming-Na Wen), is turning 52 this year :o

What I learned today: Samuel L Jackson is 66... Damn he aged well. I think Black people just age well in general though.

thats-racist.gif

Saying black people age well is racist? (shrug)

lol

Saying any group , as a group , is anything is going to come off wrong.

The world is made up of individuals. Blanket stereotypes rob people of their due as an individual.

From experience , however, stating "x" group is anything as general rule is going to come off as ignorant.

And in other news not all Greeks own restaurants, not all Italians fix cars or are plumbers, not all Irishmen drink to excess and love potatoes. lol

I call bull- :censored:

I do!

Where in Ireland are you from?

Racism: "Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior."

Generalizing a race can be an error, but it is not automatically racist. There can also be TRUE generalizations that are valid, but our hyper fearful PC culture has made it socially unacceptable for people to even mention a race.

Ultimately the core thing that makes something Racist is hate/prejudice. If he thinks black people age well, he may be right, he may be ignorant, but it wasnt racism and it wasnt said with hate or prejudice.

Speaking of Marvel characters whose actors dont look their age, I can't believe Melinda May from Agents of Shield, (Ming-Na Wen), is turning 52 this year :o

I can't control that little kid in the gif....he's only got the one line.

He can't say "That's an ignorant generalization robbing the individual of his snow-flake like uniqueness." lol

Wish we could ask Jimmy the Greek how he feels on the topic.