• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine's Claws

54 posts in this topic

At least in Havok & Wolverine mini the artist's interpretation gives enough upper forearm room for the "housings" that holds the claws in place... of course that's thinking in pre "Origin" terms hm

havok-and-wolverine_zps6f504eb1.jpg

Good point, great series too

We all know Logan is a short stubby guy. The OP is correct, these blades can't be too long and only good for short range.

Logan's arms are so short when he does jumping jacks his thumbs get stuck in his ears.

ok, take one of your hands, and place it on the opposite forearm, you cant place it on the same forearm without removing your hand or forearm,

place you pinky finger tip right at the edge of your wrist, you could try this by placing your pinky finger tip at the edge of your elbow but that's going to hurt by the end.

take your thumb and place it as close as you can to your bend where your elbow is. in other words your span of your hand. in most people it can reach very nearly all the way from your wrist to your elbow bend.

that is all the room you would have for claws, unless they jetted out one end or the other.

great subject matter Hado

Just sitting here I started thinking about how Logan's claws would work. (Nerd alert lol )

The length of the blade cant be any longer than the distance between his wrist and elbow, so that he can still move the joints.

I'm 6'6" so on me the distance is 11 1/2".

If the claws need about an inch to stay in Logan's hand so they anchor down, on me the length of the blade would be 10 1/2"

My girlfriend is 5'5" closer to Logan's height and on her the distance is just under7"

so minus the inch in the hand the blade would be under 6"

That's shorter than the filet knife in the kitchen, and while Wolverine is the best there is at what he does, he'd have to get really close to do it.

large.jpg

(please forgive my cruddy drawings)

Maybe they're sort of telescopic...

And do you really have a tattoo of a tiger on your arm?

Just sitting here I started thinking about how Logan's claws would work. (Nerd alert lol )

The length of the blade cant be any longer than the distance between his wrist and elbow, so that he can still move the joints.

I'm 6'6" so on me the distance is 11 1/2".

If the claws need about an inch to stay in Logan's hand so they anchor down, on me the length of the blade would be 10 1/2"

My girlfriend is 5'5" closer to Logan's height and on her the distance is just under7"

so minus the inch in the hand the blade would be under 6"

That's shorter than the filet knife in the kitchen, and while Wolverine is the best there is at what he does, he'd have to get really close to do it.

large.jpg

(please forgive my cruddy drawings)

Maybe they're sort of telescopic...

And do you really have a tattoo of a tiger on your arm?

Yes on the tiger, it's Shere Khan from Fables

Nah, they're adamantium and part of the process that was done to him. I guess they replace those old bone growths he was born with.

I'm sure I remember an Xmen story where Magneto rips the adamantium from Wolverines body, leaving boney claws sticking out of his hands.

Unfortunately you're correct :(

+1

Horribly bad period in my favorite character's illustrious fictional career.

IIRC the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe states that Wolverine's claws are only 6" in length. It's been a long time since I owned a copy so someone would have to confirm the info though.
Something seems wrong about my math being even close.

Apparently at the same time that the adamantium molecules were integrated into his skeleton, Wolverine was also equipped with his adamantium "claws." The claws are roughly a foot long, the length of Wolverine's forearm. He is equipped with three claws on each of his arms. The claws are connected directly to his skeleton and to his nervous system. Normally they remain beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms.

;)

-slym

Apparently at the same time that the adamantium molecules were integrated into his skeleton, Wolverine was also equipped with his adamantium "claws." The claws are roughly a foot long, the length of Wolverine's forearm. He is equipped with three claws on each of his arms. The claws are connected directly to his skeleton and to his nervous system. Normally they remain beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms.

;)

-slym

So his proportion's must be all over the place. Guy can tie his shoes standing up.

;)

-slym

Knowledge= ^^

;)

So his proportion's must be all over the place. Guy can tie his shoes standing up.

I am around 5'10" (used to be taller :cry: ) and my forearms are around 10" long. Logan would be rather long-limbed for 5'4".

:grin:

-slym

;)

Knowledge= ^^

I happen to have the entire original 14-issue run and it was nearby, so I looked it up. I wanted to keep typing, but read a wall of text? Ain't nobody got time for that!

:lol:

I can scan the page if anyone wants, I guess...

-slym