• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A self-loathing jamboree

20 posts in this topic

>.<

I just came back from a holiday back to Canada, after not having been back fo almost 4 years. I had some bbq, drank some beers, Stampeded up a storm, had corndogs and mini doughnuts, and went to the flea market and bought some comics...Black Cat 51 & 53 and Witches Tales (I can't remember the number, I didn't have it that long)...

I'll be 40 in October and as I won't be there for it, my oldest sister got me a huge birthday card and the whole family (and most of my friends) signed it...and I forgot it on the plane. :(

As usual, the airport was useless, the airline was useless and I feel useless. The comics can get stuffed really, it's only money, but I'll never get that card back and It'll take a long time to stop hating myself over it...

*sigh*

So, anyone else lose comics on the way home?

James

Somewhere around this place are the 2012 / 2013 releases of Harbinger 6, X-O Manowar 1 and Captain America 1. The search continues.

I've never been to Spain,but I kinda like the music. :foryou:

I had a gun drawn on me in Jamaica once.

We all telling travel stories?

I swam with sharks in Hawaii, but I didn't loose any comics and no guns, does that count?

My friend was a bit high and insulted that a gun was drawn on us. He slapped the gun from the guys hands and threw him into the bushes. One of the dumber moments in my years. So it was okay since we all lived. My missing three comic books continue to bug me.

I was on a cross country driving trip with the family when I was ten,(yes Vacation theme song).My little sister would rip my Sgt. Rock and Beetle Bailey comics in the car,just to pizz me off.Of course I would do terrible things to her too! :devil:

I went through all this just to let you know I stayed at a Days Inn. (thumbs u

I was on a cross country driving trip with the family when I was ten,(yes Vacation theme song).My little sister would rip my Sgt. Rock and Beetle Bailey comics in the car,just to pizz me off.Of course I would terrible things to her too! :devil:

I went through all this just to let you know I stayed at a Days Inn. (thumbs u

Last year in Jamaica, I was on the beach (Ocho Rios) and standing in line for another drink. This peanut vendor about 30 feet away is yelling out "Rambo! Hey Rambo.... RAMBO!" I glance over just to see whats going on about, turns out the vendor is looking dead at me and flagging me over. I dismiss it as he must refer to any potential customers as Rambo and no way im leaving the long line im in. Rambo! Rambo! over and over, I figure he has moved on to calling over the next "Rambo" . Nope, he is still referring to me apparently and the guy in line behind me tells me that if I want to go see what the vendor wants, he will hold my spot in line. I decide to go over just to tell the guy thanks but no thanks and see if he will finally stop shouting out Rambo.

After I decline his offer of an illicit substance, back in line I dont hear him shouting out to anyone else or flagging them over. Rest of the trip, I'm greeted with a " 'sup Rambo " whenever I bump into other guys who witnessed that vendor's rant. lol

Last year in Jamaica, I was on the beach (Ocho Rios) and standing in line for another drink. This peanut vendor about 30 feet away is yelling out "Rambo! Hey Rambo.... RAMBO!" I glance over just to see whats going on about, turns out the vendor is looking dead at me and flagging me over. I dismiss it as he must refer to any potential customers as Rambo and no way im leaving the long line im in. Rambo! Rambo! over and over, I figure he has moved on to calling over the next "Rambo" . Nope, he is still referring to me apparently and the guy in line behind me tells me that if I want to go see what the vendor wants, he will hold my spot in line. I decide to go over just to tell the guy thanks but no thanks and see if he will finally stop shouting out Rambo.

After I decline his offer of an illicit substance, back in line I dont hear him shouting out to anyone else or flagging them over. Rest of the trip, I'm greeted with a " 'sup Rambo " whenever I bump into other guys who witnessed that vendor's rant. lol

HA!!! I was 'scarface"

You bump into a guy calling himself Echo?

I don't care

And all this time I thought you were the boards warm-fuzzy guy... :jokealert:

Air Transat themselves were pretty ok. They at least looked for the card/comics!

Also, why is it that the most important thing I have is usually the only thing I forget?

Anyway, I did pick up Batman The Killing Joke deluxe and Marvel Comics/Marvel Mystery Comics omnibus. Paid $5 CND for the Bats and I got the MC/MMC for $30. So, not a total loss. Still, $170 down the tubes is a kick in the gack.

James

HA!!! I was 'scarface"

You bump into a guy calling himself Echo?

Nope don't recall that , what was his story?

We were young and stupid, VERY early 20's and a group of us went on a cruise. The girls that were with us thought it would be a great idea to go up into the hills and not pay the cruise sponsored tours on island. Of course as guys, we agreed. We hook up with this guy Echo and he takes us in his van through the hills sampling local food and drink. We are all pretty stupid at this point. Me? I had a bit too much to drink. Others? They rolled it up like a Franco in Pineapple Express.

Echo goes to take us back but stops outside the gate to the resort. (Mind you, a resort on the opposite side of Montego Bay, nowhere near our ship.) He pulled out a gun and demanded all of our money to take us back to the ship. My friend got upset at this and slapped the gun from his hand and local police or security broke it up.

I passed out on the beach and got some serious sunburn. I woke up and we literally had to carry the girls to a boat we hired to take us across the bay to make our ship. We ran past customs and boarded on the employee entrance to the ship.

fun times...

I might be making my triumphant return there next year as my friend is planning a destination wedding. I am all for any service that does not require me to wear a tie.

I just came back from a holiday back to Canada, after not having been back

That's a lot of back.

rolled it up like a Franco in Pineapple Express.

lol

Glad you all made it back onto the boat and weren't left stranded, that would have been a real mess. And thanks for the tip on Echo, hope not to run into that guy!