• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Lots! GL by Adams; Early SA DC Hero; Misc. Humor - ALL SOLD!!!

13 posts in this topic

Up for sale tonight: two bargain-priced DC lots -- one BA, and one SA!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

TERMS:

• Shipping is FREE in the US via insured boxed USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation.

• Sorry -- no international shipping for these lots.

TERMS:

:takeit: in the thread rules.

• NO probies, HOS'ers, etc.

• PayPal is the only form of payment I'll accept for this sale.

***IMPORTANT***: Payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date -- NO exceptions. If you require more time, please PM me FIRST before committing to buy the books.

• I usually ship within one day of receipt of payment; sometimes the same day, if I'm working from home!

Need larger scans? Back cover scans? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me) -- as a former US Postal Service employee, I tend to get very high marks for my packaging and shipping, mostly because I know what NOT to do. . .! :grin:

My feedback thread!

Thanks for looking!

LOT 1 -- Green Lantern/Green Arrow by Neal Adams -- Includes the following…all in fresh Mylars!

Green Lantern #80: VG+.

Green Lantern #81 - Copy A: Fine. FC is pretty nice; back cover knocks it down. Ncb wear.

Green Lantern #81 - Copy B: Looks Fine or maybe a little better, but there's a small (3/8") scrape (paper still attached) on the back cover.

Green Lantern #82: There is a light, very even, pinkish discoloration to the bottom 1/8th of the back cover -- not a dust shadow or a stain. . .not sure what it is -- maybe a coloring error in production? Not highly visible in-hand, but it is there. VF-.

Green Lantern #84: Wrightson inks. CGC 8.0 (ow/w) -- cracked-out of slab, comes with the label.

2011 OSPG value is $200 or so… My price...

$100 shipped for the lot via insured USPS Priority Mail (boxed).

$90 shipped for the lot via insured USPS Priority Mail (boxed).

$75 shipped for the lot via insured USPS Priority Mail (boxed).

PRICE REDUCED: $55 shipped for the lot via insured USPS Priority Mail (boxed).

SOLD!!!

Click on the thumbnails below for larger images…

th_GL80-copy-B.jpg th_GL81-copy-A-a.jpg th_GL81-copy-B.jpg th_GL82a.jpg th_GL84a.jpg th_GL84c.jpg

LOT 2 -- Lower grade early SA DCs -- Includes the following comics, mostly from the late '50s/early '60s. All of these books are readers and have issues -- e.g., detached covers, popped staples, spine splits, large tears, writing, etc., etc.

Ain't no beauty queens at this locality! Just good old fashioned comics reading fun from roughly 50 years ago or more!!!

But…ALL of these books are 100% COMPLETE AND READABLE w/supple interior paper (unless otherwise noted below).

NOTE: Low (2.0) Guide (OSP, 2011) is listed in parenthesis after each description for reference only.

Action Comics #265: Great lead story by Curt Swan. Date stamp, top staple popped (FC only), grease pencil mark on FC. ($24)

Action Comics #293: Origin of Comet, the Super-Horse. Cover detached and split to top staple. ($14)

Atom #3: First Time Pool & Chronos. Coverless, otherwise 100% complete. ($22)

Atom #13: Chronos story. Coverless, otherwise 100% complete. ($10)

Batman #133: 1st Bat-Mite appearance in this title; 3rd appearance overall. Cover taped to interior. Large tear on back cover; FC looks trimmed; manufactured with 1 staple (bottom); 1960 & 1962 Christmas stamps on FC (!) ($37)

Justice League of America #37: JSA crossover, first SA Mr. Terrific. Tape repair to FC. ($13)

Justice League of America #38: JSA crossover, "Crisis on Earth A" story. ($13)

Mystery in Space #70: Classic Adam Strange by Infantino. Cover mostly split and detached from top staple (bottom staple secure). "3¢" written in ink on FC. ($18)

Mystery in Space #71: Adam Strange by Infantino. Cover and centerfold detached from bottom staple. ($18)

Mystery in Space #75: Classic JLA crossover by Infantino! Small stains to FC; tape pull to FC; top edge ragged; ncb wear. Otherwise very solid! ($23)

Superboy #80: First meeting of Superboy and Supergirl by Curt Swan (with a Superman cameo). Date stamp and light pencil writing in FC; cover detached from bottom staple and mostly split; centerfold is MISSING but all stories are complete and readable. ($25)

Superboy #89: First appearance of Mon-El; 2nd Phantom Zone. Small holes punched through FC and the first 8 pages (doesn't effect readability); cover detached; large red letter "Q" written in ink on FC. ($26)

Superboy Annual #1: 1964 DC Annual; reprints Krypto origin. No back cover. ($16)

Superman #127: Origin and first appearance of Titano, the Super Ape! No back cover; front cover detached. ($41)

Superman #128: Bruce Wayne crossover in the 3rd story (drawn by Schaffenberger). Pencilled arrival date; front cover and first wrap detached (NOT missing!). ($42)

Superman #136: Unusual arrival date stamp (?) on front cover; spine roll; front cover detached from top staple and mostly split; rhs looks trimmed. ($34)

Superman #139: Awesome early Red K story by Curt Swan, and an early Lori Lemaris story by Wayne Boring. Front cover detached from bottom staple; large tears and spine splits to the cover; date stamp and red ink mark on FC. ($34)

Superman #143: Frankenstein…AND Bizarro! Frankenstein head clipped from fc, which also created a large slice from the scissors. Date stamp. Cover detached. ($29)

Superman #157: Two awesome stories by Curt Swan -- a Phantom Zone yarn, and "Superman's Day of Doom" w/appearances by Bizarro, Lori Lemaris, the LOSH, etc. Great stuff. Small hole punched through the first 7 pages; spine roll; book manufactured with 1 staple (bottom). ($13)

Superman #167: Classic story pitting Supes against Luthor and Brainiac, PLUS a new, detailed, and (for me, at least) definitive Brainiac origin. When the modern Superman movies finally get around to using Brainiac as a villain (instead of raiding the '78 flick for Luthor and Zod, ad infinitum), this will seem like a VERY undervalued key in hindsight! Cover detached; tape repairs to loose cover. ($13)

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane (80-page Giant G-39): Reprints witch story from LL #1. No back cover; front cover detached; ink marks on FC; sticker in bottom margin of splash page. ($7)

21 comics total, all in fresh Mylars!

Low (2011) Guide (2.0) on these is $472 ( :o ); 1.0 Guide is ~ $236…so let's do roughly half of that and make the whole lot...

$125 shipped via insured USPS Priority Mail (boxed).

$100 shipped via insured USPS Priority Mail (boxed).

PRICE REDUCED: $90 shipped via insured USPS Priority Mail (boxed).

SOLD!!!

Click on the thumbnails below for larger images…

th_action265.jpg th_action293.jpg th_atom3.jpg th_atom13.jpg th_batman133.jpg

th_jla37.jpg th_jla38.jpg th_mysteryinspace70.jpg th_mysteryinspace71.jpg th_mysteryinspace75.jpg

th_superboy-annual1.jpg th_superboy80.jpg th_superboy89.jpg th_superman127.jpg th_superman128.jpg

th_superman136.jpg th_superman139.jpg th_superman143.jpg th_superman157.jpg th_superman167.jpg

th_supermans-GF-loislane77.jpg

Prices for both lots have been reduced again: $75 for the GLs, and $90 for 21 10-cent and early 12-cent cover price DCs (less than $5 each!)...

Or...take both lots for $150 shipped and insured in the US.

I may be adding another lot tomorrow evening, and will then close the thread over the weekend.

Going to be adding one more (oddball, mostly humor) lot later this evening -- including Whitman variants, Gold Keys, Harveys, ACGs, etc.

I may also do one last round of price reductions on the two lots above. In the meantime, PM offers for single books, smaller groupings of books, or for ALL of them will be cheerfully and thoughtfully considered...

Final lot for this thread...

LOT 3 -- Miscellaneous Humor/etc. Lot: Includes the following...all 100% complete and readable!

WHITMAN & WHITMAN VARIANTS

• Bugs Bunny #245 (VG+, scarcer issue according to Doug Sulipa)

• Donald Duck #173 (Good)

• Dynabrite Gyro Gearloose (VF+)

• Huey, Dewey, and Louie Junior Woodchucks #67 (Good, foxing, scarcer 40-cent error-variant cover)

• Space Family Robinson (Lost in Space) #55 (VG+)

• Uncle Scrooge #140 (F/VF)

• Uncle Scrooge #196 (VF/NM -- nice copy!)

• Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #474 (Fair)

• Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #484 (Fair, 40-cent error-variant cover, scarce according to OS)

• Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #485 (VF+)

• Wonder Woman #263 (Good-)

GOLD KEY

• Best of Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge #1 -- awesome Barks reprints! (VG)

• Mickey Mouse #126 (Fair)

• Uncle Scrooge #158 (Good)

• Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #282 (Fair), 464 (Good)

MISCELLANEOUS PUBLISHERS

• Dennis the Menace #151 (Fawcett) (Good)

• Flash Gordon #6 (King) Great Reed Crandall cover & art. (V/VF)

• Herbie #22 (ACG) VG, but cover detached.

• Humbug #8 (1958, 2 copies, art by Will Elder, Russ Heath, et al.), #9 (1958, 2 copies, art by Jack Davis, Al Jafee, et al.). All 4 copies have slight water staining, otherwise VG or better. Very cool humor mag from various Mad alums!

• Little Lotta #92 (Harvey) (G-, tape on FC)

• Stumbo Tinytown #9 (Harvey) Giant (VG+)

25 comics total.

$30 shipped via insured USPS Priority Mail (boxed)...OR…FREE with the purchase of any lot above at the listed (and already deeply discounted) price!

CLAIMED!!!

humor-lot.jpg

Price on the Adams GL lot has been reduced to a CRAZY LOW $55 SHIPPED in the US!!! :insane::o:cry:

Anyone?? Anyone???

:takeit:

You got it, thanks!

No problem...I was deciding between your lot or the Hulk #1 in Filter81's thread...your's won out :grin:

Price on the Adams GL lot has been reduced to a CRAZY LOW $55 SHIPPED in the US!!! :insane::o:cry:

Anyone?? Anyone???

:takeit:

You got it, thanks!

No problem...I was deciding between your lot or the Hulk #1 in Filter81's thread...your's won out :grin:

:D:applause: