• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Collecting

31 posts in this topic

you need to know that if you come across a westen penn book dated prior to 10/56, you must instantly pm me with the link.

Why?

because i need one for the type-set---didn't even know that ped predated s'case 4, and one day tim posted a tarzan book from '54 or so. i was complete, or so i thought.

Sorry, hadn`t meant to create all that existential angst for you. :angel:

I`ve got two, actually.

tarzan5996westernpenn.jpg

tarzan57.jpg

E

V

I

L

Zookeeper says "dont tease the animals!"

putting together an all pedigree run of a title even if you don't discriminate on pedigree is a challenge only for those seeking decades of mental anguish.

Johnny

Doing it in the Silver Age is hard, I wouldn't even want to think about it for the Golden Age. Around 40% of my daredevil run are pedigree books. If money was object it would be higher because some deep runs have been auctioned in recent years, but in the land of people who work for a living I feel like I've done as well as I could.

Is there any sort of reference for what various pedigrees sell for (i.e. what type of multiplier a particular pedigree might be worth over a non-pedigree)?

I've got GPA, but sales data is so few and far between its hard to make any sort of extrapolation...

Dear Miraclemet,

The other posters, as always, have provided valuable tips. I would offer this additional advice when acquiring peds: Add some swagger to your collecting talk. "Yup, just bought Marvel Mystery XX, 9.2....Chicago Copy. Make sure to pause a bit after you say the CGC grade and then use a heavy dose of snootiness when you reveal the pedigree line. :grin:

-Vision75

(thumbs u

though my personal take is to pause before revelaing the grade too!

Just bought a Captain America #12..... in 9.4... the Chicago copy...

Sweet!

that's just mean.

Now I finally know what it feels like to be Jon Berk or Adamstrange. :whee:

All I have are scraps and leftovers :angel:

that's just mean.

Now I finally know what it feels like to be Jon Berk or Adamstrange. :whee:

All I have are scraps and leftovers :angel:

That`s what I tell everybody about your books too, but for some reason people always seem to be impressed by them. :whistle:

Dear Miraclemet,

The other posters, as always, have provided valuable tips. I would offer this additional advice when acquiring peds: Add some swagger to your collecting talk. "Yup, just bought Marvel Mystery XX, 9.2....Chicago Copy. Make sure to pause a bit after you say the CGC grade and then use a heavy dose of snootiness when you reveal the pedigree line. :grin:

-Vision75

(thumbs u

though my personal take is to pause before revelaing the grade too!

Just bought a Captain America #12..... in 9.4... the Chicago copy...

Sweet!

+1 :applause: