• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amazing spiderman 16 cgc 9.6

32 posts in this topic

Anyone notice his % is down to 99%? How many negatives has he gotten to drop it down that much?

He seems to be doing pretty good

Yeah, I left him a bunch of positives when I bought a high grade run of early Amazing Fantasy/Amazing Spider-Man in 9.6-9.9 condition from him.

The best part about it was the money he saved me in slabbing fees by telling me how evil CGC is and how they'll put the books in purple labels because they save scans of his auctions and compare every new book they get in against these scans so that none of his books escape Sarasota without a purple label. Now, I know not to send these books in to get a restoration check performed on them. Plus, I'm not a big-time CGC submitter like the 85 members of the evil CGC Triad, so I'd just get hammered on the grades anyway. I mean, everyone knows that Jay Parrino's CGC 9.6s are everyone else's CGC 4.5s, right? That's because Jay Parrino's $60 million per year wallet buys him all the grades he needs. This can't be a secret anymore.

Wow, it sounds even dumber when I type it than when I read it in Hammer's posts. 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

There is no way this can be legitimate. I'd pass. Besides, if you don't have a job (and are going to be using student loans), you're betting money you can't afford to lose anyway.

I agree. Don't mess with your education over a comic book!!!

I disagree. But I don't think this book the and this price work out quite right.

There is no way this can be legitimate. I'd pass. Besides, if you don't have a job (and are going to be using student loans), you're betting money you can't afford to lose anyway.

I agree. Don't mess with your education over a comic book!!!

education? I got all my student loans so I could buy more comics! tonofbricks.gif

the dealer got his wires crossed. He now say he was offering me a X-Men #6 9.2 for $1600US confused-smiley-013.gif

That's quite a cross.

Wrong title...

Wrong issue number...

Wrong grade...

tonofbricks.gif

the dealer got his wires crossed. He now say he was offering me a X-Men #6 9.2 for $1600US confused-smiley-013.gif

Let me guess. You're still talking to him, too, aren't you. foreheadslap.gif Some people just refuse to take advice, no matter how good it is.

Why not just donate your money to charity? At least you'll feel better having done a nice thing with it, instead of losing it to a scam artist.

Let me guess. You're still talking to him, too, aren't you. foreheadslap.gif Some people just refuse to take advice, no matter how good it is.

Why not just donate your money to charity? At least you'll feel better having done a nice thing with it, instead of losing it to a scam artist.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

893whatthe.gifconfused.gif Where'd that come from? Seriously. confused-smiley-013.gif No, I'm not talking to him, he is only a local comic store owner. Even if I bought a comic from him it would be a very safe pick up. I didn't mention that before because someone else could have pounced on the deal i thought i had... (Greggy 893naughty-thumb.gif )

And... don't assume everyone is a scam artist... are you bitter about something?

Oh, and I am donating my money to charity... my university and all the nice people who publish my textbooks that I need...

I'm actually offended... as you make it sound like I'm not responsible with my money... you don't even know me. Regardless... I think you just misinterpreted the situation due to me not fully describing the situation so I forgive you. Just remember that behind each username is an actual person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

893whatthe.gifconfused.gif Where'd that come from? Seriously. confused-smiley-013.gif No, I'm not talking to him, he is only a local comic store owner. Even if I bought a comic from him it would be a very safe pick up. I didn't mention that before because someone else could have pounced on the deal i thought i had... (Greggy 893naughty-thumb.gif )

And... don't assume everyone is a scam artist... are you bitter about something?

Oh, and I am donating my money to charity... my university and all the nice people who publish my textbooks that I need...

I'm actually offended... as you make it sound like I'm not responsible with my money... you don't even know me. Regardless... I think you just misinterpreted the situation due to me not fully describing the situation so I forgive you. Just remember that behind each username is an actual person.

Sorry Eddly. It did come off a little too harsh. flowerred.gif

You should have mentioned it was a in-person comic shop were you could eye-ball the book before dropping a stack of C-notes in someones hand.

I was under the impression you were being emailed by some "dealer" off eBay.

poke2.gif

its all good, no harm done. thumbsup2.gif

if i had said it was a lcs... someone in the vancouver area, where i live, could have found the dealer that i was talking to within 5 minutes, easily... as there are not many lcs around here... worth going to.