• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helpful suggestion to improve the boards: rename the marketplace the ULTRONPLACE

43 posts in this topic

Comic investing for retarts:

1) wait for an announcement about a character's appearance in an upcoming movie

2) speculate by overpaying for copies that speculators speculating on movie speculators price speculatively

3) sell the copies you speculated on and bought speculatively-priced, to late-to-the-party speculators looking to speculate right before the premiere of the movie

lol

I refuse to call any of the buyers of my (3) 54's and (3) 55's names. Every time I've sold into strength, the next seller has made a killing......

Sold my hulk 271's raw and even subbed em for a buyer,.....9.4 and 9.8 thank you....

Just sold my Hawkman 4....expecting to see that double soon

Sold a handful of nice ASM 129's last year....since doubled easily

It's the nature of the hobby...the popular books get all the chicks.

I agree. The entire hobby is based on the perception that other people hold a particular issue of value over another. Without that base premise, comic books would be as interesting to collect as TV Guides.

Hi folks - When you refer to Avengers 55 being a "warehouse" or "overstock" book, I assume you refer to Mile High II? If so, isn't this true of any book of the mid-late 60's and early 70s?

As far as people "not wanting it" 2 weeks ago, it has been a very hot book for many months, due to the (comic book) Age of Ultron storyline combined with general Avengers fever... The SDCC announcement just put it through the roof (and yes, that has been ridiculous)