• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I shun people all the time. :whistle:

Or maybe they shun me. hm

With a shunshun here and a shunshun there here a shun there a shun everywhere a shun shun.Old McShunner had a shun,shunneeshunnee Ohhhhhhhhhhh...

I wonder how many boardees have never gotten a strike, or a wrist slap? hm

Being 5 days short of my 12th anniversary here, there's no way I am jinxing myself and answering that. (tsk)

:shy:

Being 5 days short of my 12th anniversary here, there's no way I am jinxing myself and answering that. (tsk)

lol

:fear:

:baiting:

Won't happen. Boardies of the Year are exempt from strikes and wrist slaps. 2c

comic_best_forum2013_zps4e89388f.gif

^^

Quite a few. Maybe a better question would be how many board members never had either of them happen. :hi:

:hi:

I went 6.5 years with nary a strike here.

Then, 3 in one month. The first one was well deserved (and overdue), because I was being a condescending, over-the-top blowhard.

The second was punitive, given while the first strike was still in effect, which is a violation of this board's policy on strikes being corrective, rather than punitive.

The third was because someone lied about me and my business, I called them on it, it went back and forth, and Architecht threw us both out.

Then, I recently got a strike for sternly telling Mod0 that she had wildly misinterpreted a meme, and that threatening members before hearing their side is inappropriate for one with her power. She absolutely deserved it. The mods are not above their rules. I proudly bear that one.

:whee:

Wait… How do you know Mod0 is a female?

Do it!!! Take him out!!! :sumo:

I thought it was exact opposite. Get BOTY and subsequently get run for a homophobic or threatening tirade? (shrug)

Chucked. Ignored. It's a rocky road when a few on here feel that they set the standards what acceptable behavior is for the group.

Actually, that is exactly what society in general and a "community" does. Speaking out against scammers, rude sellers, guys with shady morals, sociopaths or those that cross way over the line and defend it by saying they were "joking" and showing no remorse (and their buddies that defend them) is not setting the standard for the group no matter how cool their books are.

Your sarcasm meter is broken, .

lol

Don't pizz off Captain No Fun.

It's all Greenham. People think he is all sweetness and light. When he loses his mess, it is awesome. And he is sarcastic a lot. But people think it is genuine, because it is Greenham. He is like the Daywalker. All the humor and sarcasm of a regular Boardie, but completely immune from the blowback.