• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

take it to PM.

You know, there is something to this.

Taking the discussion privately reduces people needing to react differently just because there is audience. I'm betting more problems get worked out in private, esp with a mediator, than do in public arenas.

That's not the point. It's never the point.

Haven't you ever celebrated Festivus?

The airing of grievances....airing...as in "making everyone aware of them"

Only people who are genuinely interested in resolving a problem ever take it privately, and you almost never see those in the first place. For those needing a public shaming...well....it has to be public, or it serves no purpose. The offender, in whatever situation, has already demonstrated a lack of interest in resolving the issue, so....

That's the nature of the beast.

There are absolutely times for a public shaming, but for a discussion private always works better than public as people are not as worried about what others think.

Watson & Chandler (DWC) were going at it.

It was Southern charm vs. Western coolness.

Ah.

Hey, D. You find any good stuff in Phx?

Yesssssir...

Watson called him a Dumb expletive a couple of times and said his business was over... Then Chandler pretty much told him to stop hiding behind his keyboard and man up and say that kind of stuff to his face at a show. Oh, and Watson posted a picture of Wilford Brimley.

Ah.

Hey, D. You find any good stuff in Phx?

Yesssssir...

Watson called him a Dumb expletive a couple of times and said his business was over... Then Chandler pretty much told him to stop hiding behind his keyboard and man up and say that kind of stuff to his face at a show. Oh, and Watson posted a picture of Wilford Brimley.

lol

take it to PM.

You know, there is something to this.

Taking the discussion privately reduces people needing to react differently just because there is audience. I'm betting more problems get worked out in private, esp with a mediator, than do in public arenas.

That's not the point. It's never the point.

Haven't you ever celebrated Festivus?

The airing of grievances....airing...as in "making everyone aware of them"

Only people who are genuinely interested in resolving a problem ever take it privately, and you almost never see those in the first place. For those needing a public shaming...well....it has to be public, or it serves no purpose. The offender, in whatever situation, has already demonstrated a lack of interest in resolving the issue, so....

That's the nature of the beast.

There are absolutely times for a public shaming, but for a discussion private always works better than public as people are not as worried about what others think.

True, but then there's no audience....which is the point in almost all of these sparring matches.

True, but then there's no audience....which is the point in almost all of these sparring matches.

I realize that.

I'm just stating (that which is obvious for some) that if people wanted to mend fences they'd do it in private.

I realize that.

I'm just stating (that which is obvious for some) that if people wanted to mend fences they'd do it in private.

True, but....

I KID, I KID!

;)

I realize that.

I've mended fences in private (thumbs u

For a fellow not holding a grudge, you sure seem consistent in what you attempt to point out and convince people of. You are stuck in a grudge spinning pool, and can't come out of it. Yet it is okay for one of your supporters to lie about a transaction. That you forgive?

And I get it about your personal picture being used in a meme. That was so wrong, as it means someone had to hunt down your history to track it down. And Rupp paid the price for that with a very long strike. I don't think I have ever seen a two-month suspension before.

But your constant attempts to bring all this up so you can finally convince the mods to just kick people out that you don't agree with is a sickness. You are just too fixated on this to let it go. Yet many of us want to talk about comic books, movies and TV shows about comic books, and also have some fun that isn't about beating people down.

Let it go!

Having a conversation with you is like a Martian talking to a Fungo. (Bonus points for naming where that came from) I have never done or said 90% of the stuff you say I did.

I am not trying to convince anyone to ban anyone and you know that but it gives you something to say as opposed to responding to any point I have made.

I am utterly disappointed that Rupp did not show one ounce of remorse at any point before or after his strike. I am even more disappointed in the "community" not being just a little put off by that. The same community that will dissect a $20 transaction that went bad for 40 pages or the evils/gains of pressing in thread after thread but no big deal over this? That hurts my soul and it disappoints me that more aren't bothered by that as well.

This is all incredibly boring for most people but I absolutely feel better putting it out there. I have owned everything I have said on these boards and my head in the clouds expectations of others doing the same is on me.

There are just some really, really people on these boards. I have to learn to avoid and ignore you and the rest of them. Have a nice life. :foryou: