• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

This has nothing to do with Graham Crackers and why you keep bringing it up is beyond me???!?? No one has said anything in Rupp's sales threads or really in general about him but you keep saying that. This thread is where it has all came out and I have spoken in direct terms and no passive/aggressive terms and you keep referring to random general stuff. I have explained my feelings, I think, pretty succinctly.

You have latched onto Logan and Rupp's spat over a $10 transaction that was played out in public and are trying to turn it into something else because you have nothing else. That is disingenuous and once again, Martian and fungo.

I am even bored of this mainly because you do everything you can to cloud the issue. Your disingenuousness will win out in the long run because there is no way to have a conversation with you privately or publicly. Mark it down as a win for you if it makes you feel better. lol

Cloud the issue? What I'm seeing is you can't control yourself enough to walk away, and stop with the wasted noise about all these conspiracies.

So you are okay with part of what led to the blowup with Rupp was not only the on-going harrassment you all dished out, but also lying about a failed transaction that really was a positive. I'm glad you took the time to clarify this for us all. Because it is never you all. It is everyone else, right? It is disingenuous that you act like all the things before the meme blowup never happened. Like it is everyone else on the forum that is wrong, but never you and the people you tagteam with.

:applause:

Please, continue with your little 'spin party' that you have going. There are MUCH better things to partake in than this continuous half-story you are attempting to create. For the sake of the rest of the forum that are all wrong in your opinion, I'll leave it at that.

lol

Yeah because any of that is anywhere close to anything I said or anything said in this thread.

Wookie defense FTW!!!!

This is directed to Bosco and Rupp.

I'm with Park and COI on the issue in the sense that there hasn't been a satisfactory resolution on the issue as far as the community is concerned. It's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things but the fact that Rupp refuses to even acknowledge how it affected some people is what bothers people.

Listen, I get it. We're all weird in our own way. We have our quirks, our fetishes, our personal sense of humour and our way of seeing and perceiving things. My kids laugh at things that I just roll my eyes at. :facepalm: We're all different.

He's allowed to make fun of whatever he wants in private, that's a personal right but if it gets out and offends someone (and it obviously did) then the right thing to do is apologize for it and then leave it in the past. That's just the way the world works...and for good reason.

We can talk about who did what but most people's concerns are really focused on one specific thing.

On a tangent, apologizing for offending someone is not necessarily the same as admitting you did something wrong. It could be a step in that direction if you wanted to take it in that direction but there definitely is something conciliatory and warm about just admitting you're sorry (if you mean it).

And of course if he already did (and I missed it) then just ignore this post.

Yep. My old GF's 5 yr old daughter once asked me 'Kav, how come you always say crazy things?'

Remember when the greatest shows ever made had characters who smoked?

Ricky Ricardo lit up almost every episode. Andy Taylor(Griffith) did a lot of the same. Now, try to find a prime time show where any character smokes without it being a "OMG why are you smoking" episode.

Not a fan of MAD MEN, eh?

Dan

I mostly watch black and white television series. I have never even heard of Mad Men. I am an old western fanatic. The war stuff is pretty good too.

I still think it's unfair that you're using up all these cool board names and taking them away from people who might potentially use them. :sumo:

anonymous user is not Stu.

Ricky Ricardo lit up almost every episode. Andy Taylor(Griffith) did a lot of the same. Now, try to find a prime time show where any character smokes without it being a "OMG why are you smoking" episode.

Dan

I mostly watch black and white television series. I have never even heard of Mad Men. I am an old western fanatic. The war stuff is pretty good too.

I still think it's unfair that you're using up all these cool board names and taking them away from people who might potentially use them. :sumo:

I caught that gist after reading a few more of his posts. Tiny?

This has nothing to do with Graham Crackers and why you keep bringing it up is beyond me???!?? No one has said anything in Rupp's sales threads or really in general about him but you keep saying that. This thread is where it has all came out and I have spoken in direct terms and no passive/aggressive terms and you keep referring to random general stuff. I have explained my feelings, I think, pretty succinctly.

You have latched onto Logan and Rupp's spat over a $10 transaction that was played out in public and are trying to turn it into something else because you have nothing else. That is disingenuous and once again, Martian and fungo.

I am even bored of this mainly because you do everything you can to cloud the issue. Your disingenuousness will win out in the long run because there is no way to have a conversation with you privately or publicly. Mark it down as a win for you if it makes you feel better. lol

Cloud the issue? What I'm seeing is you can't control yourself enough to walk away, and stop with the wasted noise about all these conspiracies.

So you are okay with part of what led to the blowup with Rupp was not only the on-going harrassment you all dished out, but also lying about a failed transaction that really was a positive. I'm glad you took the time to clarify this for us all. Because it is never you all. It is everyone else, right? It is disingenuous that you act like all the things before the meme blowup never happened. Like it is everyone else on the forum that is wrong, but never you and the people you tagteam with.

:applause:

Please, continue with your little 'spin party' that you have going. There are MUCH better things to partake in than this continuous half-story you are attempting to create. For the sake of the rest of the forum that are all wrong in your opinion, I'll leave it at that.

lol

Yeah because any of that is anywhere close to anything I said or anything said in this thread.

Wookie defense FTW!!!!

This is directed to Bosco and Rupp.

I'm with Park and COI on the issue in the sense that there hasn't been a satisfactory resolution on the issue as far as the community is concerned. It's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things but the fact that Rupp refuses to even acknowledge how it affected some people is what bothers people.

Listen, I get it. We're all weird in our own way. We have our quirks, our fetishes, our personal sense of humour and our way of seeing and perceiving things. My kids laugh at things that I just roll my eyes at. :facepalm: We're all different.

He's allowed to make fun of whatever he wants in private, that's a personal right but if it gets out and offends someone (and it obviously did) then the right thing to do is apologize for it and then leave it in the past. That's just the way the world works...and for good reason.

We can talk about who did what but most people's concerns are really focused on one specific thing.

On a tangent, apologizing for offending someone is not necessarily the same as admitting you did something wrong. It could be a step in that direction if you wanted to take it in that direction but there definitely is something conciliatory and warm about just admitting you're sorry (if you mean it).

And of course if he already did (and I missed it) then just ignore this post.

+1

Dan

I caught that gist after reading a few more of his posts. Tiny?

Carolina Comics :gossip:

If I call you a name, and your response is to kick me in the face, most of us (including the law) would agree that the response was not in proportion to the provocation.

Applying the metaphor, Park is protesting about getting kicked in the face, and Bosco keeps bringing up the fact that Park called him a name before Rupp threw a kick, either to misdirect, or because he doesn't have a good sense of scale. Park and his crew (whomever that may be) may not be blameless, but Rupp took it to another level. And Park is being told to "drop it" even though he feels that Bosco and the community as a whole is minimizing or ignoring the seriousness of Rupp's disproportionate response to his provocation, assuming that Rupp didn't bring all that stuff on himself to some extent in the first place.

It's that freaking simple.

If I call you a name, and your response is to kick me in the face, most of us (including the law) would agree that the response was not in proportion to the provocation.

Applying the metaphor, Park is protesting about getting kicked in the face, and Bosco keeps bringing up the fact that Park called him a name before Rupp threw a kick, either to misdirect, or because he doesn't have a good sense of scale. Park and his crew (whomever that may be) may not be blameless, but Rupp took it to another level. And Park is being told to "drop it" even though he feels that Bosco and the community as a whole is minimizing or ignoring the seriousness of Rupp's disproportionate response to his provocation, assuming that Rupp didn't bring all that stuff on himself to some extent in the first place.

It's that freaking simple.

+1

So first we find out that with almost 25,000 + registered users that the user name "Geek" was not taken.

Now we find out that "anonymous user" was also free.

I half heartedly look forward to the mods wiping this one just to see what name is created next.

What's wrong with anonymous user, i tried anonymous, but it was taken. I thought it was a pretty good screen name. Better than some, not as good as others.

So first we find out that with almost 25,000 + registered users that the user name "Geek" was not taken.

I half heartedly look forward to the mods wiping this one just to see what name is created next.

What's wrong with anonymous user, i tried anonymous, but it was taken. I thought it was a pretty good screen name. Better than some, not as good as others.

Nothing is wrong with it at all. I was marveling to the fact that it had not already been selected. Time for bed though. Hopefully there is a little flashing envelope that greets me tomorrow morning from the VCC.

Rupp has apologized to those who deserved it back in February, either publicaly or privately.

To expect more bc some people aren't "satisfied," well as they say in The Princess Bride:

"Get used to disappointment."

I'll quote Henry Wadsworth Longfellow instead,

"Speak for yourself John Michael".

I had high hopes for this all to be resolved when Rupp came back. Hopefully, it still can.

Rupp has apologized to those who deserved it back in February, either publicaly or privately.

To expect more bc some people aren't "satisfied," well as they say in The Princess Bride:

I had high hopes for this all to be resolved when Rupp came back. Hopefully, it still can.

Hold your breath waiting for him to post in this thread, I think you'll find yourself on the floor.

It ain't gonna happen

Its fun to read because of how dumb it is.

:popcorn:

With the number of views that this thread has generated over the last few days, I believe it safe to say that there are a considerable number of silent observers reading along.

Nothing is wrong with it at all. I was marveling to the fact that it had not already been selected. Time for bed though. Hopefully there is a little flashing envelope that greets me tomorrow morning from the VCC.

That VCC is really something, No high grade western books though. :sorry:

Hold your breath waiting for him to post in this thread, I think you'll find yourself on the floor.

It ain't gonna happen

Well, with an advocate like you, I'm sure everything will go swimmingly. He's a grown person, I'm sure he can make his own choices and this is not the only thread.

Have a nice evening.

It ain't gonna happen

Well, with an advocate like you, I'm sure everything will go swimmingly. He's a grown person, I'm sure he can make his own choices and this is not the only thread.

Have a nice evening.

Not advocating for him, just relaying the fact that those who are waiting for what they feel is some right to an apology.....well hope is a dangerous thing.

Enjoy the hope, don't spend it all in one place.